Mini 0806 died, only blue LED, no display!

yes it is, if the input voltage/current is too high, the IC maybe damaged.
it is RT8059GJ5 or substitute LC3406.
almost half return cameras for repairing is on this fault.

I would imagine had the power supply problem been highlighted earlier...

The 0806 might have earned a Reliable reputation !!

perhaps, have to be a pretty flawed power supply to do that though, be more inclined to think it's a design issue

perhaps, have to be a pretty flawed power supply to do that though, be more inclined to think it's a design issue

Dunno though...

maybe they get wrapped up in camera development and "forget" about the need for a good power supply - one even comes 3 meters long:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am not using the cig lighter power supply that was supplied with the camera. I am using a hardwire kit I purchased from the same vendor, which seems to be the same as all the ones on eBay or Amazon.

I don't think it is the hardwire inverter that delivered bad power, rather I know my car had trouble starting that same morning. There could have been voltage spikes in there.

Anyways, with the help of Rayman's post and providing the necessary info, I was able to purchase the IC from eBay. I work in a hardware company and we have many engineers here that work with PCB boards. They were able to remove the burnt IC and replace with a new one. The camera is now ALIVE! $5 in Parts and 5 minutes to solder saved me more money and time than returning this product back to China... Glad there was nothing else damaged and camera is still functional.

Last edited:
Having the same problem. Used the o806 for several months with the sig lighter powersupply without any problems. Purchased the hardwire kit and the first time I connected, my 0806 died. (blue led only and getting extremely hot)

@itskv : purchased a new IC also ($2). I will try to replace it myself so perhaps it is possible for you to show me witch IC on the pcb to replace as there are no clear typenumbers printed on them.
Thx.

Having the same problem. Used the o806 for several months with the sig lighter powersupply without any problems. Purchased the hardwire kit and the first time I connected, my 0806 died. (blue led only and getting extremely hot)

@itskv : purchased a new IC also ($2). I will try to replace it myself so perhaps it is possible for you to show me witch IC on the pcb to replace as there are no clear typenumbers printed on them.
Thx.

Rayman.Chan,
I have the same problem with DVR as a topic starter, however I don't see any damages in IC chip. Do you have any electrical scheme for repairing this DVR?

Last edited:
Hi @Altermike,
sometimes the IC may damaged inside, not exploded.

it is better to ask your distributor for a replacement.

Hey guys, I have the same problem, can you guys give me the link for the part?

Oh, sorry I missed that. Thank you.

It just happened again... the IC chip looks fine...

Аnd I was soldering the chip RT8059GJ5 can not help unfortunately also the registrar everything shines lonely blue LED.
Rayman.Chan perhaps you can suggest what else to look at and what else could be the reason for this behavior of the device. ON the boards I noticed a few chips with similar markings replaced by your foto RT8059GJ5 , can't they also be guilty?

Last edited:
It just happened again... the IC chip looks fine...

I've been following this thread with great interest. I'm sorry you're having problems with your mini 0806. Please keep us posted on your efforts to repair the mini.

Rayman.Chan perhaps you can suggest what else to look at and what else could be the reason for this behavior of the device. [/B][/SIZE]

possible reason:
1st, card writing problem which crash the camera boot process; please take out storage card before power on and then format the card in camera.
2nd, ARM halt; hold power button for 16 seconds only reset DSP but not ARM, that is a design defects as ARM level usually will not halt but there is 0.1% possibility; disconnect battery will solve this. This will be changed in the following products.
3rd, PWM IC damaged as the input voltage is higher than 5.5V. This can only be done by hardware work.

1st and 3rdreason already checked , it did not help.
It remains the second reason to disconnect the battery.
Rayman.Chan
Could you give me a dump of the DVR mini 0806?

Last edited:
Another blue light...
Ive had the 0806 just over a month now and a few days ago I started the car and only the blue light came on,disconnected the camera and left if for a couple of days,tried it again and still only the blue light came on.
Had a 0805 before the 0806 and the same thing happended to that camera after a few months.Both were hard wired !!.
Its a shame as I do like the Mini for size and quality but I think its to to spend more and get a better brand.

I don't have a hardwired system, but for trouble shooting purposes only, I would try connecting to the cigarette power connector and try a different SD card (preferably the Samsung Pro Plus NOT Evo. For most of us the Pro Plus works perfectly). If the problem is still the same, then it is likely the unit and not the card or power parts.

Rayman,Are you highlighting the parts that possibly malfunctioned?

yes the two PWM ICs have the most damaged possibility. Sorry i don't remember why I just post a image but not leave any words

Back