Mini 0806 Disassembly Instructions?

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
I think I may try replacing the battery myself. Would somebody please post the link to the Mini 0806 Disassembly Instructions? Thanks!

I think I may try replacing the battery myself. Would somebody please post the link to the Mini 0806 Disassembly Instructions? Thanks!

It's not complicated but you have to be careful about few things. First you have to rotate camera in the right position before opening it. This way you will avoid damaging wires once you pull out the ring with the holder.
Once camera is in the right position you will have to remove the on/off button cover. This was probably the most difficult part. I was struggling to pry it open with my nails but I just couldn't do it. Cap was holding too firmly so I used small screwdriver to remove it.
When you manage to remove the cover you will have to remove 4 screws. Now be careful when you start removing ring with the holder. There is a tiny metal ball with spring below and it will pop out the moment you remove the ring. Be careful not to lose that ball or the spring. Now you are ready to open the camera, just use your nails or something flat to separate plastic covers. next step is to carefully separate two circuit boards to get access to the battery. This might look tricky but it's actually really easy. Just pry it open carefully from both sides until they are fully separated.
Now just replace the battery (you will have to solder it) and repeat whole procedure in reverse.

Here is a link how to disassemble mini 0805. The only difference is in the cover. The rest is more/less the same
https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/
On picture 4 you will see the small metal bearing/ball I was talking about
On picture 5 you can see 2 circuit boards connected that you will have to separate

here is a link how to disassemble mini0803, you can see how two CBs look when they are separated. It is very similar to mini 0806 so you can use it as reference too
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/disassembly-inside-mini-0803.6310/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back