Mini 0806 GPS Mount Problem

RavenManiac

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo, mini 0806 (RIP)
What I thought was a battery problem with one of my mini 0806's turned out to be an issue with the GPS mount. I remember reading about a pin problem somewhere in this forum, but I can't find the thread. If anyone has that link I'd really appreciate it.

Also, is there anyway to replace the GPS mount without removing the base which is stuck to the windshield? If not, what's the easiest way to remove the old mount?

UPDATE
I found a solution to the second part of my question. Here you go:

I just wanted to update this thread to let everyone know that I replaced both the front and rear GPS mounts and my initial tests look good. Not only are both mini 0806's getting consistent power through the new GPS mounts, the GPS is also locking a LOT faster. However, I'm also using new mini 0806 firmware, which can be found here: http://mini0806.com/1/post/2016/11/mini0806-dash-camera-firmware-update-nov152016.html

Not sure if it's the new GPS mount that's making the difference or the new firmware. Regardless, I'll take it. I've been feeling kinda naked without my mini 0806's for the past week. I'm glad to have them working again. I'll let them run for about a week and post another update.

The lesson here of course is that if you're mini 0806 is having power issues it may not be the battery. It may just be a failing GPS mount. I still think it's odd that both mounts failed at around the same time though.

Back