Mini 0806 - Software/Viewer/Player

Yeshua

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
VIOFO A129 Pro
I have a BlackVue DR500GW-HD and the viewer software enables me to export ("cut" if you will) a certain period of time from a recorded MP4-file. So in a 3 minute recording I can for instance export a period from 1:03 to 2:11 (and mute the sound).

Can I do something similar with the (official) software of the Mini 0806? I've searched the forum (and the Web), but I can't find anything useful.

I did found postings referring to Registrator Viewer. I would be willing to use this as an alternative, but I'm just wondering about the "official" viewer that comes with the Mini 0806.

Registrator Viewer works very well with the mini 0806 and will do exactly what you have asked even if your export spans multiple 3 minute sections.

Very few people use what is supplied with the camera, the developers had to supply something, they didn't expect you to use it when there are better alternatives.

Tnx, Nigel. That was all I needed to know. Maybe one more thing, I take it Registrator has no problems when the MicroSD card is used in a USB reader? I read somewhere the Mini 0806 isn't always as easy to remove, so I guess it's easier to simply remove the MicroSD card (and not connect the camera with a USB cable to a computer).

I see you're using a Mini 0806 yourself. My mother is on a holiday and I want to surprise her by buying and installing the Mini 0806. I've read positive reviews and it looks like a good buy. Do you agree?

You just put Registrator Viewer in the root folder of the card and run it from there, it makes no difference if you stick it in a card reader or use the camera as a card reader.

mini0806 is a good buy if you get a good one, there have been a few with battery problems recently so it is recommended that you buy it from somewhere easy to return to for replacement, ie not China. Make sure you get a proper brand name card, not a fake one. They do give a good image, make sure it gets checked occasionally to make sure it and the card are still working. Might be an idea to run it in a little using a phone charger or equivalent USB supply just to check it out if it's not for a car you will be using, nearly all problems occur in the first week, including most battery faults.

Back