Mini 0806 starting up...

mick.no.comma.mick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I first switch my 0806 on,....for a couple of minutes it will switch itself on and switch itself off,....the screen will go on and off and the power down notes plays,....then after a couple of minutes of starting and closing down it will work fine,

is it warming up or locating a GPS signal,....while it's switching itself on and off it's not recording,

I also have a 0801 in the back screen, that starts recording immediately...

mick

It is "possible" that you are having a power connectivity problem. Make sure that the 12V power supply is functioning properly and the plug is making good contact in your 12V port. You can trouble shoot the situation by trying a different power supply and see if the problem persists. Check the mini plug and camera's port for any damage or deformation. Make sure the USB cable plug is pushed firmly all the way into the camera's port. You might also try using some contact cleaner on the plug and the port.

It's a mini 0806s, if that makes any difference, specifications below :............

I'll try a different power cable tomorrow....

Compared to the mini 0801 I have in the rear windscreen, that's no problem, starts up immediately.

Another problem I have with the 0806 is, if I switch off half way through a recording loop I lose all of the last loop, what I mean is if I have the cam on 3 minute loops and happen to switch off the cam at 2 minutes or 2 mins 30 secs it will not record the last 2 min or 2 min 30 sec recording "or however much recording was on the last loop".......a bit scary if I have an accident and the power is lost to the cam, no evidence....

Specifications:

1X Mini 0806s DVR Camera

1296P 30fps recording
H.264 coding MOV file format
1.5 inch HD TFT Screen
High performance 6G lens
135 degree wide angle vision
support up to 128GB micro-sd card (Not Included). We recommend the Samsung 32gb Evo+.
support HDR( High dynamic range)
support GPS tracking with Google Maps
support G-sensor lock and manual lock
support motion detection
support HDMI output
support LDWS(Lane departure waring system)
easy CPL( circular polarizing filter) attaching
easy Base mounting
160 degree rotation for left or right mount
Super Capacitor Battery installed.

mick

It's a mini 0806s, if that makes any difference, specifications below :............

it does

Another problem I have with the 0806 is, if I switch off half way through a recording loop I lose all of the last loop, what I mean is if I have the cam on 3 minute loops and happen to switch off the cam at 2 minutes or 2 mins 30 secs it will not record the last 2 min or 2 min 30 sec recording "or however much recording was on the last loop".......a bit scary if I have an accident and the power is lost to the cam, no evidence....

this, and your startup problem suggest the super capacitors are failing

Connection problems, tried with a different power cable, okay now, could be vibrations in the car/windscreen that caused the connection prob's......

mick..

Connection problems, tried with a different power cable, okay now, could be vibrations in the car/windscreen that caused the connection prob's......

mick..

I would still recommend trying a quality contact cleaner on the 0806 USB port and on your plugs. I highly recommend the CAIG LABS DeOxit products, especially, in your case, the D5 spray. I have seen it resurrect dead electronics and repair mysterious issues. It's not cheap but it's a worthwhile product to keep on the shelf and a can of it will last years. I will often apply it to new dash cam ports and plugs to prevent issues as an automotive environments with moisture, temperature changes and vibration can cause all kinds of unexpected troubles/

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.188/.f

Back