Mini 0806 Unboxing and Full Review

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Full Review:

Prior posts:

So I have been using the mini 0806 for almost a week now. My crappy software would not let me save video in 1296p, if anyone knows of any free video editing software that will support it, plus allow narration recording that would be great.

So far I really like it though, I have not had a mini cam before. My only concern is the battery in the cold. the operating range only goes to 32 degrees F but its always colder than that here during the winter. so far I have not had any issues though leaving it in my car.

Noticed right away like others have pointed out the vibration, is there any practical way to reduce the vibration?

Also this was from diggcams.com which I noticed has different packages than many other versions. I like that this one came with the hardwire kit and the CPL, but whether or not the jump in price is worth it I guess is up for debate, I have not researched getting these accessories separate yet. this package sells for $169 on diggcams.com.

Test Clips 2560 x 1080:

I plan on reshooting my third clip which was in Uptown in Minneapolis, lots of ambient lighting and stuff going on, I had copyrighted music playing and my software and the youtube editor would not work properly. Now that I turned the audio recording off it won't be an issue.

I also am going to make sure to clean my window immediately before recording test clips as it seems only 10 min in Minnesota winter makes my window dirty.

Last edited:
have you finally taken the mount away from the camera body? :)

btw, you need to clean your windshield, just like mine ......

have you finally taken the mount away from the camera body? :)

btw, you need to clean your windshield, just like mine ......
yes its pretty easy to remove now, still takes a little force but now I can do it with one hand.

also my window gets so dirty quickly because of snow and salt haha. i wash my windows a lot though.

Nicely made video :)

One thing to note is that the 2560 x 1080 21:9 mode is actually the highest resolution and will pick up more detail than the 1296 mode. 2560 is full resolution with the top and bottom chopped off, the 1296 mode is scaled down from full resolution and not as sharp.

Nicely made video :)

One thing to note is that the 2560 x 1080 21:9 mode is actually the highest resolution and will pick up more detail than the 1296 mode. 2560 is full resolution with the top and bottom chopped off, the 1296 mode is scaled down from full resolution and not as sharp.
Thanks, good to note. I was planning uploading several clips separately as I had issues with my video editor. I'll try the cinema mode too.

The best part of the video obviously. :)

Great review. How do you like the 0806 compared to all others you have tried so far?
whew forgot about this post, I planned on replying to you a long time ago. I have never tried any previous mini cams so I can not comment on those. I think what I like most so far about the 0806 is how complete the product feels. Pretty awesome that one box can come with a cig power cord, hard wire cables, a magnetic CPL, even plates to adjust the angle of the mounting base.

It really feels like they put a LOT of thought into this product. I would have never thought of adding mounting plates to adjust your angle if you needed to.

So far the only thing I don't like a whole lot is it seems to shake a lot likely because of the "arm" that the base is connected to. I would prefer something more like the A118 or the new CDV300 style.

at long last, my review. besides this and my C4 video, there will be no more unboxing and first impressions videos from me. all reviews and unboxing videos will be combined into one final review video. because of new time constraints, I just want to put the effort into in depth reviews, and skip on the first impression videos which are often redundant anyways (I just liked to show people what I was currently testing).

You could have explained the parking guard better, I see no reason not to just leave it enabled, it doesn't use significant battery power unless there is an impact and then you want it to record whatever. I understand you not wanting a battery at all but given that there is a battery we might as well make use of it and for most people having a battery will not be an issue.

Otherwise a nice review except that the commentary got too far out of sync with the menu movements at a couple of points.

You could have explained the parking guard better, I see no reason not to just leave it enabled, it doesn't use significant battery power unless there is an impact and then you want it to record whatever. I understand you not wanting a battery at all but given that there is a battery we might as well make use of it and for most people having a battery will not be an issue.

Otherwise a nice review except that the commentary got too far out of sync with the menu movements at a couple of points.
Yes for some reason, when I record narration, save my project, then come back another day to the project windows movie maker screws EVERYTHING UP. everything was out of sync and it made no sense. but I have been very busy and I just tried my best to resync everything. I had been falling behind my plans, especially now starting a new job with a long commute. I plan on getting adobe premiere though so hopefully I can up my quality more.

I suppose I have been biased on the parking mode, but every time I have tried any sort of motion detection or g sensor on any of the chinese cameras it is never nearly as good as I expect a parking mode to be.

I will try to always test things I don't care for in the future anyways but there are often features of cameras I don't think are worth using. I tested the LDWS in the finevu cr2000-g and it seemed utterly pointless and completely turned me off from the feature in dashcams. i tried testing it actually on this camera and it wouldn't stop alerting me when I was parked with my garage directly infront of me because it assumed I was too close to a car. which is why I said I thought it was a gimmick.

I appreciate the suggestions, thanks.

edit: in regards to most people not having issues with a battery, I guess I am just not trust worthy of batteries after my C2 almost exploded in my car... it seriously felt like it was going to pop, and it was super hot. because I left it in my car for about 45 min when it was only 85 degrees mid summer. gets a lot hotter in other parts of the US. it was hot to the touch. and I have read of other people having the same issue, where the buttons can no longer be pressed because the battery expands so much.

even my blackvue has over heated from being too hot from sitting out in a uncovered parking lot for too long, but the blackvue will shut off from over heating at least.

Last edited:
I wanted to throw my computer out my window when everything was out of sync. I dunno why WMM does it, it has happened before, and in the past I ended up just deleting the narration files and rerecording them. once you place the recordings, you also can't record a narration EARLIER in the project without it shifting everything out of sync. its hopelessly terrible.

It's not actually the LDWS causing that beeping, it's the FCWS and unfortunately there is only one on/off which controls both. The LDWS on it's own is actually reasonable but would be even better if it didn't turn on until you are at highway speed, which is an option in the manual but not in the current firmware. The FCWS is totally useless!

I hadn't realised that WMM did narration! I think it tries to make things too simple, it's good up to a point but very limited. I'm still using VSDC which is much more flexible but far less simple.

It's not actually the LDWS causing that beeping, it's the FCWS and unfortunately there is only one on/off which controls both. The LDWS on it's own is actually reasonable but would be even better if it didn't turn on until you are at highway speed, which is an option in the manual but not in the current firmware. The FCWS is totally useless!

I hadn't realised that WMM did narration! I think it tries to make things too simple, it's good up to a point but very limited. I'm still using VSDC which is much more flexible but far less simple.
yea I meant to say the forward collision warning system but like you said its only listed as LDWS in the menu, even though the instructions mention both separately.

Back