Mini 0807 Broken videos, no GPS data, settings lost

GWMark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a Mini 0807 DashCam for my wife in June and have had a number of problems with it. After setting it up it seemed to work for a while, but now it seems to no longer record GPS data and about 90% of the video files are unreadable - making it useless as a DashCam.

Has any anybody managed to make the camera work well?

I have looked for firmware updates, but not found any that this camera will accept.
I would list the problems as:
1. Video files are mostly unreadable
2. Audio has stopped recording
3. GPS data has stopped recording
4. Parking feature just doesn't work - it drains the battery - connected via ODBII port
5. Mount allows it to be turned over to suit the car, but video is not flipped - minor but irritating
6. Advertised LDW feature does not work - maybe related to the inversion issue
7. Settings (MPH rather than KMPH) get lost after a while

I'd appreciate any input from others on this camera. Right now I am thinking of returning it and going to another brand.

Thanks Joy. I've sent you an email.

Thanks to some new firmware from Joy (thank you for your help), I now have the camera installed again in the car and will give it a few weeks of testing. The new firmware instantly solves one problem, the picture is now the right way up! The best install option for me involved rotating the camera so that it was effectively upside down.

Reactions: Joy
Back