Mini 0807 stops recording when disk is full - will not overwrite - has to be reformatted

Phildo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
I have just noticed that my Mini 0807 stops recording when the disk is full - it will not overwrite with new files - it keeps asking me to reformat the card - once it has been reformatted, or all files deleted via my PC, it works OK.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this please.

Running firmware 20170310 v1.0

Hi, after recording some times, there are many bad block and locked files in the card, these files can't be overwritten, so needs to be reformatted.

Yes as Bella say, if the files on the memory card are all event files triggered by G- sensor or motion detect, then those are safe from automated overwriting and so will in the end fill up the memory card.
Try to disable everything you might have ON in regard to G- sensor and motion detect.

Hi, after recording some times, there are many bad block and locked files in the card, these files can't be overwritten, so needs to be reformatted.
thanks Bella

I had this problem with my Mini, and it was due to the inside battery not having the charge to keep the camera going for the 30 seconds or so that is needed to properly close all the necessary files.
My son had exactly the same problem.
I installed new batteries in both units and problem solved.

I had this problem with my Mini, and it was due to the inside battery not having the charge to keep the camera going for the 30 seconds or so that is needed to properly close all the necessary files.
My son had exactly the same problem.
I installed new batteries in both units and problem solved.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that my model only had a capacitor not batteries.

Anyway after 2 Minis, I have bought a Garmin and it is great.

Back