Mini 0807 wishlist

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is what I want in my ideal dashcam or improvements I would like to see:

- Delete LCD screen
- Include WiFi instead w/ apps
- Make it even smaller
- 4k 60 fps (yeah right!) but realistically at least 60 fps in the current resolution. (1080p@60fps already doable SJCam 5000+)
- Even better IQ, the current IQ is good, but there is still plenty of room for improvement
- Keep the same price point, but lower is always welcome

your not asking for much are you :)))))) esp since the 06 isn't even out in most places yet!

Last edited:
Why too early? They already developed this product and released to the market and most likely already thinking the next big thing.

Here is what I want in my ideal dashcam or improvements I would like to see:

- Delete LCD screen
- Include WiFi instead w/ apps
- Make it even smaller
- 4k 60 fps (yeah right!) but realistically at least 60 fps in the current resolution. (1080p@60fps already doable SJCam 5000+)
- Even better IQ, the current IQ is good, but there is still plenty of room for improvement
- Keep the same price point, but lower is always welcome

OK, I am going to bite:
- No LCD screen? Not going to happen. LCD screen makes changing setting so much easier. If you don't want screen, you should look at Mobius.
- WIFI is good but it will make the cam bigger.
- Make it smaller? Well, no LCD screen should make it smaller, but since number 1 is not going to happen, I don't see the cam can get any much smaller. Again you should look at Mobius.
- 4k 60fps or 1080p 60fps? Good to have but this is a dash cam, not an action cam like GoPro or SJ5000+, so 60fps is not as essential.
- Better IQ? Of course, this also applies to every other dash cams out on the market.
- Same price point? May be, unless the manufacturer becomes greedier and more capitalistic, and want more profit.
Have a nice day (or should I say 2016 with your Mini 0807).

better lens optics with brighter aperture (f/1.0 anyone ? or less) will improve everything

I am not sure why wifi would necessarily make it bigger. Also I owned BlackVue 500 before and could change settings with the app, very convenient. Actually, preferred the looks and simplicity of the BlackVue, they are just really bad with IQ, even the new one 600 and their price is ridiculous. Mini 0806 for now, but still waiting for the perfect one.

there's physically no room there now for the WiFi chipset, without a display it could possibly make room, would still be tight though, would likely mean an extra PCB, getting to the point where it wouldn't be workable, there'd be some compromises to make it happen I'm sure

Although I am aware that there is absolutely no room in the housing for it, if there is anything that I would like to see shoehorned into the case of a "mini-0807" it would be a super-capacitor.

OK, I am going to bite:
- No LCD screen? Not going to happen. LCD screen makes changing setting so much easier. If you don't want screen, you should look at Mobius.
- WIFI is good but it will make the cam bigger.
- Make it smaller? Well, no LCD screen should make it smaller, but since number 1 is not going to happen, I don't see the cam can get any much smaller. Again you should look at Mobius.
- 4k 60fps or 1080p 60fps? Good to have but this is a dash cam, not an action cam like GoPro or SJ5000+, so 60fps is not as essential.
- Better IQ? Of course, this also applies to every other dash cams out on the market.
- Same price point? May be, unless the manufacturer becomes greedier and more capitalistic, and want more profit.
Have a nice day (or should I say 2016 with your Mini 0807).

These are two different directions, north and south.

I do mean people have different needs.
That is Chinese words, that someone want to north, others want to south.

I am not sure why wifi would necessarily make it bigger. Also I owned BlackVue 500 before and could change settings with the app, very convenient. Actually, preferred the looks and simplicity of the BlackVue, they are just really bad with IQ, even the new one 600 and their price is ridiculous. Mini 0806 for now, but still waiting for the perfect one.
It seems Skypix S5VBW comply such feature,but it is action camera and also not 1080P 60fps,even we know they are the Gopro original designer and factory.

All well and good, but lets just hope the manufacturer focuses on the 0806 first and makes sure it is reliable and quality product.

These are two different directions, north and south.
Yes, the mini 08xx series has a screen and should continue to have a screen.

For those that want even smaller size and don't mind using a smart phone for control we need the micro 08xx series.

there's physically no room there now for the WiFi chipset, without a display it could possibly make room, would still be tight though, would likely mean an extra PCB, getting to the point where it wouldn't be workable, there'd be some compromises to make it happen I'm sure
I think the biggest issue with wifi is the amount of extra heat it would generate, those wifi chips use a lot of power - they have to transmit a reasonable amount of power as radio waves and they don't do it without creating heat. Not so much of an issue if you loose the screen though.

Why too early? They already developed this product and released to the market and most likely already thinking the next big thing.
The 0806 has been in the hands of the engineers, then testers, then production team for a while now, the designers started working on the next product weeks ago. If anything this list is a little late and lacks ambition...

A lot of these things are never going to happen as it's not physically possible, whatever does happen though is only the result of what wholesale customers are prepared to order, wish lists don't get the product built unfortunately but certainly no harm in throwing the ideas out for discussion

Back