Mini 0807 wishlist

With the next "0806 / 0807 " I wish vertical angle step-up / step-down would be with twice shorter 1 step "jump".
If the standard angle is not giving you the angle you need on those clicks, you can use the 2 or 4 degree wedges or combine them to get 6 degree angle and you will get different angles of FOV incline.

Yes we have started the design work of the next mini camera.
YOU MUST LIKE IT.
for now, I can't disclose anything sorry, BUT, we are open for your suggestions!

anything will be appericated!

From your comments, I assume that you are the manufacturer of the mini080x series of cameras.
As such, I would respectfully ask for your feedback on the advertised features.

I really like the Mini 0806 -- just wish it worked with all the advertised features.

• Advertised Lane Warning System --- seems to be novelty.
  • Advertised Forward Collision Warning System --- seems to be novelty.
  • Advertised Parking Guard --- Not available, see this from JooVuu's posting:-
Updated news about 0806.
Mini 0806 will not have parking guard feature or bracket.
But parking guard will be the standard function for later Mini 0807
Parking guard usage is: when there is any person touch or crash the car,dash camera starts to record for several minutes. Mini 0806 menu has the description of parking guard feature,but actually there is no such function.

• Advertised Motion Sensing --- Caused a lot of video recorded while driving to turn on/off. Also usage is doubtful due to temperature concerns according to a number of previous posters.
  • Advertised Dual Memory Card --- Files not recording to 2nd card when 1st is full, other users have posted about this often.
I really rather like the style and size of the 0806 and together with all the ADVERTISED FEATURES - thought this was a pretty good unit, THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT IT.

It seems more and more items are being crossed off the features list as not working properly or not available that I feel duped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This unit is really 'not as advertised' and I would like to know what the manufacturer intends to do in relation to these problems for all those who have purchased in good faith based on the ADVERTISING of the units capabilities.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally would just like a 0806 that did all the things as advertised.

With the next "0806 / 0807 " I wish vertical angle step-up / step-down would be with twice shorter 1 step "jump".

Maybe in near future, they have this idea last year.

Capacitor Version.
At first, they said they can not make a capacitor version, I told them they have to do, finally they said they will do, the first batch will be available this month.

At first, they said they can not make a capacitor version, I told them they have to do, finally they said they will do, the first batch will be available this month.
I am excited :)

Definitely higher frame rate , 30FPS is marginal for capturing moving objects ( Cars )
How about 45FPS ? or even 35FPS just to smooth out the video more .. Certainly 60FPS should be the minimum frame rate in the future ..
Video compression , can this be improved ?
Instead of micro SD cards , how about using SD cards ?

Definitely higher frame rate , 30FPS is marginal for capturing moving objects ( Cars )
How about 45FPS ? or even 35FPS just to smooth out the video more .. Certainly 60FPS should be the minimum frame rate in the future ..
Video compression , can this be improved ?
Instead of micro SD cards , how about using SD cards ?

One thing you also have to aware with higher the frame rate, the darker the images going to be. Which is why some cams actually lower the frame rate at night time, otherwise it will be too dark to see anything.
SD cards is a no-go, we want this cam to be small and discreet, so micro SD has to be.

Hmmm , I thought the mini was getting larger ?

not mini at all :p

I'll settle for a 10Hz GPS, a bigger sensor, 1080p 60fps and a decent lens.

My wishlist is pretty simple:
1) Some kind of a lens cover or even a hard case to be able to safely store the dashcam when it is not mounted.
2) Additional mounting options. Suction cup, standard tripod adapter etc.
3) Docking station with a power bank.
4) Capacitor version.

As you can see three out of four are related to accessories so you could make additional money even with the older models ;)

60fps nighttime footage would be twice as dark as 30fps. What does 60fps give you? slo-mo video for your drive to work? 30fps already captures more than enough frames for accidents/incidents etc.
In fact, Id really like a 20fps option for even better night video.

Back