Mini 0807

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Just thought I would share that the Mini 0807 is in development and nearing completion. This is China however and the advised availability of 'end of April' will probably be closer to end of May or so. The factory who actually makes them are a great factory and really are trying to complete it, however, they do not want to rush it for once. These are the features they sent over to us today:

•Resolution:2506X1080P ,2304x1296/1920x1080/1280x720
•Ambarella A7LA50
•Lens:wide angle 135 degree
•Sensor: 4.0M pixel CMOS 0V4689
•Built-in Memory (Optional): 8-16GB with copy function for backup video
•External: TF card up to 128GB
•G-sensor:Support
•Support LDWS(Lane Departure Warning System)
•HDR/WDR:support
•GPS track ,google map

0807 seems to be more of a tweaking and 'getting it even more right' than a massive upgrade. I include the pictures they sent over as well. This is more a 'have a look thread', we will not be opening this to pre-orders yet, we also have about as much information at the moment as you do. If you have any questions please ask them and we will try and ask the developers and see what they say.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 306
  • 121.1323.jpg
    121.1323.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 277
  • 121.1324.jpg
    121.1324.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 121.1325.jpg
    121.1325.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 260
  • 121.1326.jpg
    121.1326.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 121.1327.jpg
    121.1327.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 121.1328.jpg
    121.1328.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 246
  • 121.1329.jpg
    121.1329.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 121.1330.jpg
    121.1330.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 121.1333.jpg
    121.1333.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 233
April fool's day was yesterday!

I don't think the Chinese participate in April fools day
Maybe that is why they didn't know that joining in the fun a day late is not allowed!

Although Joovuu is UK based so should know...

As stated this is just the information we have. We are waiting for detailed specs to really see the difference between 0806 and 0807 but we only have what we posted.

Kind regards

JooVuu

Maybe that is why they didn't know that joining in the fun a day late is not allowed!

Although Joovuu is UK based so should know...

yes I'm sure they'd go to trouble of many hours drawing up 3D renders just to fool a couple of internet fans

As stated this is just the information we have. We are waiting for detailed specs to really see the difference between 0806 and 0807 but we only have what we posted.

Kind regards

JooVuu

I would think it's more of an update of the 0805 rather than the 0806

I thought JooVuu had stopped selling the 0806. But I notice it's there again now...

I (like many) were holding out for reports that a batch of 0806's were of a reliable quality. What I'd like is:

• Guaranteed to be in focus. As in cast iron guarantee.
  • Guaranteed to have all it's internal wires not fall off.
  • Not suffer random lock ups.
  • No significant bugs.

I would like to buy it, install it, and that's it. Not have weeks of messing around / soldering / sending it back / arguing about refunds and so on. I have a Mobius to tide me over (my Blackvue got put into the wife's car), but the night performance is grim. I think I'll pass on the 0806 and wait for the 0807.

What's the difference between 0807 and 0806?

bit like rushing a film sequel out on the back of a flop most complained about !

No, it's what I would do. The 0806 has been a bit of a flop, as you say, with many buyers simply going for older models. If you address the issues and call it an 0806Mk2, then consumer confidence will still be low because:

• the Mk2 will still be associated with the unreliable Mk1
  • the consumer will not be sure what he's going to get (when a seller describes the item as "0806")

Much better to be clear, and remove the 0806 name entirely by fixing the problems and starting again with an 0807. And the sooner, the better.

The public were beta testers for 0806.
Will we again be beta testers for 0807 ?
Probably. Which is why it is best to wait for a month or so after a model has been released, so you let other buyers be the beta testers instead. And only once the model has been granted stable and reliable, then you order yours.

Hi,
We just received this from the factory which could prove controversial.

Updated news about 0806.
Mini 0806 will not have parking guard feature or bracket.
But parking guard will be the standard function for later Mini 0807

Parking guard usage is: when there is any person touch or crash the car,dash camera starts to record for several minutes.
Mini 0806 menu has the description of parking guard feature,but actually there is no such function.

This means that any current/future 0806 parking guard's that become available are not made by the official/original factory.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

To be honest I've been scratching my head trying to work out how this parking guard bracket was meant to work with the 0806

To be honest I've been scratching my head trying to work out how this parking guard bracket was meant to work with the 0806

I'm more interested how it is going to be mounted and then connecting to the camera.

Cheers,

Dan

not so much the mounting that was intriguing but the functionality that has been talked about, just could never get how it was meant to work

not so much the mounting that was intriguing but the functionality that has been talked about, just could never get how it was meant to work

If it is mounted to the front of the car and there is an accident, it would turn the camera on well...to late sure?

Kind regards,

Joovuu

I don't know it has been hard to fathom from the cryptic descriptions, I thought it was just meant to be a replacement mount that was somehow switching the mode of the camera and keeping it working, but not affecting the camera battery somehow, I really don't know, I try and keep an open mind as you never know what people are working on and what they might come up with but some of it just seemed at odds with what is available within the existing hardware design

Back