Mini 0826 Firmware

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Last edited:
Is there any info on what's new/improved in newer FW versions vs initial release?

I recently changed my faultless 0805 with the 0826 but I've noticed gaps in the footage despite being hardwired with a Power Magic Pro. Never had any problems with the 0805 and we've also just fitted ten of the 0826's into our HGV fleet and having similar problems (although the thermal cutoffs could be switching them off due to the windscreen heaters cooking them so a blanking protection plate underneath is to be installed).

Anyway, this wouldn't explain mine in the car because it's mounted high up and I rearely use the front windscreen heater. I'm now using a Samsung 64GB Class 10 card (I avoid SanDisk because I think their proprietary controller causes problems) and the same cards in the HGV's because I want to get as much footage on it as possible especially as it's 1440p so I was thinking maybe it's the card as the previous card I used was a Samsung 32GB Class 6 or 4 (can't remember).

Anyway, since doing this firmware upgrade in the cam I hardwired into my car the footage has been faultless with no gaps. I've also noticed there is now a PAL/NTSC setting also.

Hope this helps.

I recently changed my faultless 0805 with the 0826 but I've noticed gaps in the footage despite being hardwired with a Power Magic Pro. Never had any problems with the 0805 and we've also just fitted ten of the 0826's into our HGV fleet and having similar problems (although the thermal cutoffs could be switching them off due to the windscreen heaters cooking them so a blanking protection plate underneath is to be installed).

Anyway, this wouldn't explain mine in the car because it's mounted high up and I rearely use the front windscreen heater. I'm now using a Samsung 64GB Class 10 card (I avoid SanDisk because I think their proprietary controller causes problems) and the same cards in the HGV's because I want to get as much footage on it as possible especially as it's 1440p so I was thinking maybe it's the card as the previous card I used was a Samsung 32GB Class 6 or 4 (can't remember).

Anyway, since doing this firmware upgrade in the cam I hardwired into my car the footage has been faultless with no gaps. I've also noticed there is now a PAL/NTSC setting also.

Hope this helps.
Did you have problems with Sandisk not recording automatically when you turn vehicle on? This happens intermittently. Thanks.

I think I did, the mini is now having problems again so I'm going to replace it with a SG.

I think I did, the mini is now having problems again so I'm going to replace it with a SG.
I will try both new sd card Samsung EVO and also new car power adaptor. if it doesnt work I will have to start saving for Marcus 4

Hello

I've purchased this item from ebay:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281912453378It's mini 0826, some hw batch with flattened pins. It has the stock firmware - 20160125 v1.0.
Shall I upgrade to one of those listed in the skytech website(latest is 20160706 for 1 card + gps)?! And which one should I opt for - if my unit has an internal card that makes it double-carded, right?!
I'll check both bin files to see if there's any difference, but still - is it worth upgrading?! The changelog says nothing.

Edit: I just read from another thread that the latest FW is about G-sensor sensitivity. I just went along and pushed the single card version(again from another thread they must be interchangable). My only concern is the battery, because its pretty hot here in the summer - the time will tell how long will it last :)

Best regards,
Kostadin

Last edited:
Hi. Yesterday, I purchased a mini 0826 and it has a new firmware (20160806 V2.0). I don't find this version on the manufacturer's site.
I tried to extract it with autoexec.ash, but it extracted with errors. It's there another metod to backup the firmware?

Attachments

• 14329147_1279076655443894_1339610238_o.jpg
    14329147_1279076655443894_1339610238_o.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 28
Hi. Yesterday, I purchased a mini 0826 and it has a new firmware (20160806 V2.0). I don't find this version on the manufacturer's site.
I tried to extract it with autoexec.ash, but it extracted with errors. It's there another metod to backup the firmware?

Hi, can you check if you are able to set the timezone in decimals- e.g. +4.5, +4.5 etc. The firmware on my dashcam is 20160706, and it does not allow me to set timezone in decimals. I am in conversations with the manufacturer (via gearbest, from where I purchased the cam) and if you are able to set the timezone like this, then I can ask them to provide the latest firmware.

Thanks

Hi. Just checked, no decimals on my time setup.

Any news on backing the firmware? I'm having an issue with mine and gearbest support told me to reflash to an older version. I would like to backup the current one first but autoexec.ash doesn't seem to do anything other than flash red for a minute. It does not create any files nor delete itself nor shut down the camera. It seems to show some text in lower right corner but the text is way too tiny for the camera screen and I don't have micro HDMI cable handy to see it on TV. Below is the script:
Code:
firmfl gen 6 bst bld hal pri rom dsp d:\backup.bin
rm d:\autoexec.ash
poweroff yes
Ideas?

Hey, what's happened with the skydigital link - it doesn't list anything now?! As I said above, it got flashed with a newer firmware and I thought I had been having issues with the cable. But now that I have some brand new cables around and better cig-light adapter, it still often freezes and needs 20second-reset. The ambient temps are low this time of the year in my region, so this shouldn't matter. The freezing is very annoying, so please respond. In the meantime, I'll check my FW version and report back, but we need software support and backward procedures!

Edit: Here's my firm:
Hk8YWXX.jpg

For now, it seems stable. I need to redo the cabling(I snapped one of the ends of the one that come with the unit and just bought a new microUSB cable/3-meters in length/ along with 2.1A ciglight dual usb adapter). I hope it'll keep going without issues.
Still, if anyone has anything to say anything about the firmware, should feel welcome. For example - what's new in that 20160806 V2.0 that Ovi TM mentions a couple of posts above; where could it be downloaded; is it new hardware as well, or it could be flashed atop of our very first units?!

Regards,
Kostadin

Last edited:
Back