Mini 0826 problem - not recording automatically (Solved)

Arium

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Thinkware x1000
I have mini 0826 from gearbeast (without 8gb internal memory) and problem it always doesnt record automatically when i turn car on and drive it. Sometimes it does. so its intermittent problem.
When not recording it switches off as I beleive its in standby mode..
I am using a 32GB Sandisk Ultra. I have tried a factory reset and not making any difference.
I have ordered some Samsung EVO 32GB cards from amazon and hopefully this solves it?
Also order a belking car USB charger which may perhaps make it work better or camera is maybe faulty?

Problem fixed by using new Samsung EVO 32GB card from Amazon (legit card).

Last edited:
thanks however is there new firmware which could help with these stability problems (even if its beta)?

Does a small message in red writing flash up when it powers up? Mine did this all the time with both SanDisk and I'm afraid the Samsung EVO cards. It would say Storage I/O Error. Using a PNY card bought from a local store fixed it but it's now starting to play up but I don't think it's a card problem this time.

Try not using a card and just using the internal memory and see how that goes to eliminate whether or not it's a card issue?

Does a small message in red writing flash up when it powers up? Mine did this all the time with both SanDisk and I'm afraid the Samsung EVO cards. It would say Storage I/O Error. Using a PNY card bought from a local store fixed it but it's now starting to play up but I don't think it's a card problem this time.

Try not using a card and just using the internal memory and see how that goes to eliminate whether or not it's a card issue?
thanks for your help mate. I'll try different cards and power supply. Unfortunately my card doesnt have internal memory.

Sorry, I misread, I thought you said it have internal memory. Was using the phone at the time - tiny writing! lol

Thanks for this info Chris.

just tested latest March firmware and same problem persists. Been advised by skyhigh their engineers will investigate and get back to me tomorrow.

Ok just to report on camera problem was resolved by replacing microsd card. Samsung EVO 32GB from Amazon.

Downloaded what I assume is latest version for the Mini 0826 (20160409_A7_ZX_807_2CARD_GPS) but all it is, is a .bon file. How do you install it?
you copy the bin file to root folder in sd card, then insert sd card to 0826. Then star the 0826 (don't cut the power, if you do, your mini can be brick). 0826 will ask: do you want to.... you choise yes, then wait.... after a minute. 0826 will turn off. You turn it on. Done. Remmeber eraser the old file firmware on sd card or everytime you turn 0826, it will asks you update firmware again and again. :)

Thanks.

Checking the firmware, I think the one I selected wasn't for the 0826 but a 0807 (?)

Back