•Sensor: OV4689
•Camera Pixel: 4 Million Pixel CMOS
•Lens: 135 degree of Viewing Angle
•G-Sensor: Support
•Port: HDMI/USB2.0
•Built-in memory card (standard) : 8GB with copy function for backup video
•External: TF card up to 128GB
•Support dual card to cycle record
•Support Route Tracking via GPS (with GPS mount base)
•Support Movement detection
•Support LDWS(Lane Departure Warning System)
•Seamless Link Loop Recording
•Video Frame Rate: 30FPS/60FPS
•Video format:MOV(H.264)
•Adapter: Mini USB or MicroUSB 5PIN Port DC 5V
•Housing: "sprayed rubber oil" soft touch finish

h1lwVBU.jpg

4V1yww3.jpg

•Support dual card to cycle record
Is this a joke? They couldn't even fix and get that to work in 0806 and now they want to release a new model with this "claimed" feature?

Hi aniceberg
Do you know who the manufacturer is?
How do you come to know about this unit?
Where do we get these?

Thanks

Is this a joke? They couldn't even fix and get that to work in 0806 and now they want to release a new model with this "claimed" feature?
It's not going to be much use when the second card is an 8GB internal one!

At least with this one they are not claiming to have Parking Guard!

Not a joke. 0826 is version 2 of mini 0806. Not 100% sure of the specs listed here though. They are dropping the second card slot in favour of 8gb on board memory.
Hi aniceberg
Do you know who the manufacturer is?
How do you come to know about this unit?
Where do we get these?

Thanks
The manufacturer is a factory in China who builds them under license to whoever has agreements in place with them.
These licencesd businesses have now released details to their reseller and/or distributer networks.
First production run are estimated to turn up (in Australia) at he end of September.
This is an estimate though. Same as the upcoming Mini 0807 and Mini 0901 they are not always ready to go when the factory would like them to be.

Same as the upcoming Mini 0807 and Mini 0901 they are not always ready to go when the factory would like them to be.
I thought those two where different names for the same camera!

Maybe you could give a very brief summary of all the different new models and what they will be replacing?

Not a joke. 0826 is version 2 of mini 0806. Not 100% sure of the specs listed here though. They are dropping the second card slot in favour of 8gb on board memory.
So an external microSD card slot with a 8GB internal memory? That's no different from my current old 0801. The question will be whether they can get the cyclic recording to work at all since they failed in 0806.

It won't be setup for it, they never even attempted to offer that function on the internal memory versions, not practical when you can't access the card

I thought those two where different names for the same camera!

Maybe you could give a very brief summary of all the different new models and what they will be replacing?
The manufacturer's- developer's only share so much with us, and things like specs tend to change before during and after release, so anything I can add would also be just speculation at this stage.

Hi Chris, I know it's changing the subject a little but the two main bones of contention with this camera seem to be the SD card problem and the Parking Guard problem. Do you think they have given up on the Parking Guard? (I note that all the adds for the 0806 still say it's got it.)

I was one of the beta testers of pre-production samples of the mini 0806. During one of the discussions among participants of the group I proposed via a Photoshop mock-up the idea of lengthening the housing of the 0806 by one half to one centimeter. At the time, there was an issue with the corner of the GPS module appearing in the image when the camera was oriented to certain angles and the question of how to make room within the housing for the possible future inclusion of a super-capacitor. The GPS mount intruding into the image frame was resolved by a redesign of the module to make it thinner as retooling the housing at that time was completely impractical and time consuming.

It is hard to know at this time whether the sample photos of the mini-0826 above are accurate but the housing certainly appears elongated compared to the 0806. Perhaps my suggestion was taken to heart?

0806-original.jpg

0806-elongated.jpg

It is hard to know at this time whether the sample photos of the mini-0826 above are accurate but the housing certainly appears elongated compared to the 0806. Perhaps my suggestion was taken to heart?
Doesn't appear that the lens has moved though so the 0801 mount will still be in the FOV?

But extra space for a super capacitor, or maybe more likely for a user replaceable battery is certainly a possibility.

Also looks like the CPL is permanently attached since the front of the lens is flat? Would save on the cost of the magnet and solve the problem with some of the CPLs falling off/rattling.

Doesn't appear that the lens has moved though so the 0801 mount will still be in the FOV?

But extra space for a super capacitor, or maybe more likely for a user replaceable battery is certainly a possibility.

Also looks like the CPL is permanently attached since the front of the lens is flat? Would save on the cost of the magnet and solve the problem with some of the CPLs falling off/rattling.

How is the old obsolete legacy 0801 mount relevant to this discussion? The 0806 and 0826 cameras have the new thinner modules so lens placement is a moot point in regard to FOV.

A "more likely" user replaceable battery? How is such a speculation more likely?

So far, it's hard to tell if the flat front lens element is merely a mock-up or a final design. Certainly a permanently attached CPL presents potential issues.

I see they quote :
•Support Movement detection
•Support LDWS(Lane Departure Warning System)
Hopefully these are more than novelties as was found on the 0806 by many users who had to switch them off due to being more nuisance than practical.

The new housing measures 8cm long, 3.8cm in diameter.

For those who were wondering, the manufa..., um, the kit-assembling resellercturer is SkyHigh Electronics that claims it should be available in the end of this month.

Last edited:
How is the old obsolete legacy 0801 mount relevant to this discussion? The 0806 and 0826 cameras have the new thinner modules so lens placement is a moot point in regard to FOV.

A "more likely" user replaceable battery? How is such a speculation more likely?

So far, it's hard to tell if the flat front lens element is merely a mock-up or a final design. Certainly a permanently attached CPL presents potential issues.
CPL is an option not a permanent fixture.

The new housing measures 8cm long, 3.8cm in diameter.

Interesting, as it exactly matches my mock-up in length which as I recall was from October 2014. It will be interesting to see if there is a technical reason such as a possible super-cap option at some point.

Back