Mini 0902 Review (GearBest)

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
GearBest was kind enough to send me a Mini 0902 to take a look at. I did not get an unboxing video for this one because my health has not been the best lately, and I was not expecting any cameras to show up. This one did and in a plain brown box so I had to open it to figure out what it was.

3l88I28.jpg

Package Contents
vGjfgSf.jpg

As seen above the camera includes a smaller then usual T style mount base, an external GPS, a short computer to Mini B lead, and a car lead to Mini USB It came with a grey generic double sided mount
It came on in one peel on the camera mount, but broke into pieces peeling off from the GPS mount.

Spec Shortlist

Hardware
Chipset: Ambarella A7LA55
CMOS: 0V4689
Battery: Built-in Lithium 250mAh
USB Plug: Mini
GPS: External Included

Firmware
Screen Off: No Screen
Loop: 1,3,5 min
WDR: claims to support WDR and HDR both, with no settings in the menu for either
Emergency Lock: Seems to be through G-Sensor only
Version: CarCam-A755-01-V1.2.2

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Mono
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 64 kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MP4
Video Bitrate: 8074 kbps About 8MB
Size: 60 Mb (Per 1 min file)

Card Used: Sony 64 GB (Max size 64GB)
Projected Recording Time: 18.2 Hours

Day Time
I guess I stuck it a little too high.
IFHgzOf.png

Another reason it's good to use Dual Lock Tape

Last edited:
Notes
In the manual it lists the app to use printed on a sticker. The app name on the sticker that says tonview I could not find an app at first. Then I seen it was listed on GearBest 0902 product page. Pealing the sticker back it says RecDot underneith. I could not find that app. Below it says GoView I was able to find, download, and connect with GoView, however the settings are a bit limited. The specs say it supports WDR and HDR, but there is no setting to turn either off or on. I then tried LinklnEye, and the settings are still rather limited. TonView has the same look and settings as GoView.

While I was testing different apps the camera got very hot, and just about burned my hand.

Does your mini0902 hangs and restarts when you tried to configure more than 2 settings using either the tonview or goview app? Mine does...

And my videos don't looks that good... The video is a bit shaky as I'm mounting the mini0902 to a rearview mirror mount...

Morning

Evening

Mine: GPS is not good. Sometime it works, sometime it not. Do you have the same problem ?

Does your mini0902 hangs and restarts when you tried to configure more than 2 settings using either the tonview or goview app? Mine does...

And my videos don't looks that good... The video is a bit shaky as I'm mounting the mini0902 to a rearview mirror mount...

Morning

Evening
Your GPS seems good. It GPS work all the time ? How long have you bought this ?

Notes
In the manual it lists the app to use printed on a sticker. The app name on the sticker that says tonview I could not find an app at first. Then I seen it was listed on GearBest 0902 product page. Pealing the sticker back it says RecDot underneith. I could not find that app. Below it says GoView I was able to find, download, and connect with GoView, however the settings are a bit limited. The specs say it supports WDR and HDR, but there is no setting to turn either off or on. I then tried LinklnEye, and the settings are still rather limited. TonView has the same look and settings as GoView.

While I was testing different apps the camera got very hot, and just about burned my hand.
In play store, you have to search: goview
In istore, you have to search: tonview

Your GPS seems good. It GPS work all the time ? How long have you bought this ?

I'm using the D201's GPS module with the mini0902... Haven't test with the mini0902's GPS module... I got this mini0902 about a week ago...

Not sure why but in 1080p, the video looks better than 1296p...

Mine: GPS is not good. Sometime it works, sometime it not. Do you have the same problem ?
I have not tested my GPS yet. I'll get it set in the next few days I hope. I wish they would have went with what the JooVuu X uses. The charger with inline GPS.

What firmware you guys using?. My camera is not very stable so wondering if there is anything newer

version=CarCam-A755-01-V1.2.2, reboot_count=1, worktime=22min, error_type=memory runout!, error_time=2016-04-26 16:45:04

I am using 64GB card, maybe the decide cant support it (Even though it claims it can).

Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm interested on this product, did anyone tested it as a backup camera in liveview mode?

Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm interested on this product, did anyone tested it as a backup camera in liveview mode?
So you want to start the car, start app in phone, connect to camera's wifi and then reverse?
I'd be a mile away by that time.

So you want to start the car, start app in phone, connect to camera's wifi and then reverse?
I'd be a mile away by that time.
thanks for reply, i have an old phone that can be hidden and always connected to external power supply, that i use as a navigator. the aim is to let the dashcam work alone (with external supply) but when I need to connect it to the phone.
I know that the best choice is to have a backup camera that works stand alone with a monitor, but my aim is to use a single device to navigate and to use as a monitor, using a dash cam as backup camera and DVR

Back