Mini 0902 Review (GearBest)

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
GearBest was kind enough to send me a Mini 0902 to take a look at. I did not get an unboxing video for this one because my health has not been the best lately, and I was not expecting any cameras to show up. This one did and in a plain brown box so I had to open it to figure out what it was.

Package Contents

As seen above the camera includes a smaller then usual T style mount base, an external GPS, a short computer to Mini B lead, and a car lead to Mini USB It came with a grey generic double sided mount
It came on in one peel on the camera mount, but broke into pieces peeling off from the GPS mount.

Spec Shortlist

Hardware
Chipset: Ambarella A7LA55
CMOS: 0V4689
Battery: Built-in Lithium 250mAh
USB Plug: Mini
GPS: External Included

Firmware
Screen Off: No Screen
Loop: 1,3,5 min
WDR: claims to support WDR and HDR both, with no settings in the menu for either
Emergency Lock: Seems to be through G-Sensor only
Version: CarCam-A755-01-V1.2.2

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Mono
Audio Codec: MP4A
Audio Bitrate: 64 kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MP4
Video Bitrate: 8074 kbps About 8MB
Size: 60 Mb (Per 1 min file)

Card Used: Sony 64 GB (Max size 64GB)
Projected Recording Time: 18.2 Hours

OP
CheckYourLights

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Day Time
I guess I stuck it a little too high.

Another reason it's good to use Dual Lock Tape

Last edited:
OP
CheckYourLights

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
OP
CheckYourLights

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Notes
In the manual it lists the app to use printed on a sticker. The app name on the sticker that says tonview I could not find an app at first. Then I seen it was listed on GearBest 0902 product page. Pealing the sticker back it says RecDot underneith. I could not find that app. Below it says GoView I was able to find, download, and connect with GoView, however the settings are a bit limited. The specs say it supports WDR and HDR, but there is no setting to turn either off or on. I then tried LinklnEye, and the settings are still rather limited. TonView has the same look and settings as GoView.

While I was testing different apps the camera got very hot, and just about burned my hand.

Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119, Viofo A119S, Xiaomi Mijia, 360 J511C, etc
Does your mini0902 hangs and restarts when you tried to configure more than 2 settings using either the tonview or goview app? Mine does...

And my videos don't looks that good... The video is a bit shaky as I'm mounting the mini0902 to a rearview mirror mount...

Morning

Evening

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
Mine: GPS is not good. Sometime it works, sometime it not. Do you have the same problem ?

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
Does your mini0902 hangs and restarts when you tried to configure more than 2 settings using either the tonview or goview app? Mine does...

And my videos don't looks that good... The video is a bit shaky as I'm mounting the mini0902 to a rearview mirror mount...

Morning

Evening
Your GPS seems good. It GPS work all the time ? How long have you bought this ?

thancam

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Dash Cam
too many
Notes
In the manual it lists the app to use printed on a sticker. The app name on the sticker that says tonview I could not find an app at first. Then I seen it was listed on GearBest 0902 product page. Pealing the sticker back it says RecDot underneith. I could not find that app. Below it says GoView I was able to find, download, and connect with GoView, however the settings are a bit limited. The specs say it supports WDR and HDR, but there is no setting to turn either off or on. I then tried LinklnEye, and the settings are still rather limited. TonView has the same look and settings as GoView.

While I was testing different apps the camera got very hot, and just about burned my hand.
In play store, you have to search: goview
In istore, you have to search: tonview

Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Your GPS seems good. It GPS work all the time ? How long have you bought this ?

I'm using the D201's GPS module with the mini0902... Haven't test with the mini0902's GPS module... I got this mini0902 about a week ago...

Jeremy Wong

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
Not sure why but in 1080p, the video looks better than 1296p...

OP
CheckYourLights

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mine: GPS is not good. Sometime it works, sometime it not. Do you have the same problem ?
I have not tested my GPS yet. I'll get it set in the next few days I hope. I wish they would have went with what the JooVuu X uses. The charger with inline GPS.

Bobcat101

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What firmware you guys using?. My camera is not very stable so wondering if there is anything newer

version=CarCam-A755-01-V1.2.2, reboot_count=1, worktime=22min, error_type=memory runout!, error_time=2016-04-26 16:45:04

I am using 64GB card, maybe the decide cant support it (Even though it claims it can).

Dido99

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm interested on this product, did anyone tested it as a backup camera in liveview mode?

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Hi everyone, I'm new and I'm interested on this product, did anyone tested it as a backup camera in liveview mode?
So you want to start the car, start app in phone, connect to camera's wifi and then reverse?
I'd be a mile away by that time.

Dido99

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So you want to start the car, start app in phone, connect to camera's wifi and then reverse?
I'd be a mile away by that time.
thanks for reply, i have an old phone that can be hidden and always connected to external power supply, that i use as a navigator. the aim is to let the dashcam work alone (with external supply) but when I need to connect it to the phone.
I know that the best choice is to have a backup camera that works stand alone with a monitor, but my aim is to use a single device to navigate and to use as a monitor, using a dash cam as backup camera and DVR