Mini 0903/Nano Q(GearBest)

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Today We are going to take a look at the Mini 0903 This sample was kindly provided by GearBest. The 0903 downsizes the Mini series while keeping GPS and WiFi. It also is the first of the Minis to use a capacitor.
I have worked with the Beta version a little. Now let us take a look at the production version.

8HQMajv.jpg

Unboxing

Spec Short List
Hardware
Chipset: Novatek 96655
CMOS: Sony IMX322
GPS: External, built into mount
Battery: None (Uses capacitor)
WiFi: Yes
USB Plug: Micro (One on each side of GPS mount and one on Camera)

Firmware
Resolution: 1080P/30FPS
Quality: Perfect/Normal/Good
WDR: On/Off
Time Lapse: 2/5/10FPS/Off
Parking Guard: On/Off
Parking Guard Parameters:1080P at 10/5/2 FPS
LED Lights: Off/On
Blue LED: Mic/GPS/Parking Gaurd/Off
G-Sensor: Off/2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5G
GPS Stamp: Log/Stamp/Off
Speed Stamp: MPH/KMH//Off
Rego Stamp: On/ Off
Rego Space:8 Spaces
Rotate 180: Off/On
Screen Off: 10/30sec1/3 min off.
Loop: 1/3/5/10/Off mins
Version: 903_96655_20160620_V1.8

File Properties
Audio Chanel: Mono
Audio Codec: SOWT
Audio Bitrate: 512kbps
Video Codec: AVC1
Video Container: MOV
Video Bitrate: 12.3MB
Size: 95.2Mb (Per 1 min file)

DCT Contact @GearBest
Product Page: Here

Night Video

Last edited:
Notes

The car lead on my production model still seems to be as loose as the one that came with my Beta. It has slid out of the socket two or three times. The JooVuu X car lead does not seem to have this issue. (Same type of plug with a Mini end)

I just recently realized that I was running a 12MB firmware. I'll be looking to update to a test firmware in a bit. Please keep this in mind when looking over posted clips unless written otherwise.

Beta Model inside.
yRcVBLZ.jpg

pL3MN90.jpg

If it is possible that you take us a photo for its inside housing?
Manufacture MEG told us they made Metallic Paint for inside housing to get better GPS signal

Manufacture MEG told us they made Metallic Paint for inside housing to get better GPS signal
I'm not very good at taking things apart and putting them back together. My beta pictured above is still in pieces, but i'll see what I can do.

If it is possible that you take us a photo for its inside housing?

I opened my NanoQ about 3 weeks ago and It had a kind of golden/bronze-like sprayed metallic thing inside the plastic housing. Have no picture of it... BTW it has interference with other GPS devices. NanoQ and 0805 near each other at rearview mirror. When both of them is turned on, 0805 can't lock GPS signal (needs about 30mins). When NanoQ is not turned on, then 0805 locks within 5-10mins.

Good solution, the GPS module is so close to the camera body, hard to avoid interference.
From my testing I discovered that most of the interference comes from the camera through the cable.
While all the shielding is important, the greatest impact on reducing interference was the 100k capacitor (between Vin and Gnd)

From my testing I discovered that most of the interference comes from the camera through the cable.
While all the shielding is important, the greatest impact on reducing interference was the 100k capacitor (between Vin and Gnd)

typical problem for this kind of setup is interference from the CMOS sensor which can knock out GPS

I also noticed that these modules (mini series) use a small capacitor instead of button cell battery for RTC clock. What this means is after couple of hours the GPS has to do a cold start which could take up to few minutes.
While using a capacitor may help in high temperature situations, the big disadvantage is initial fix.
It also doesn't help that most modules are less sensitive while searching for satelites.

Back