Mini 0906 and Power Magic Pro

smarty156

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interested in the 0906. Does it work with the Blackvue Power Magic Pro for parking mode?
I'm just slightly confused as the 0906 says it needs the hardwire kit (which is 3 wires direct to the camera via usb lead) for parking mode whereas the Power Magic output is a cigarette lighter female connector. Therefore you'd have to use the cigarette lighter power lead that comes with the 0906 but then surely parking mode won't work?
Thanks.

You have to use the hardware kit to have parking mode. If you use the cigarette lighter power the 0906 will be like a normal dash cam. The 3rd wire senses when the cars engine is not running and therefore activates the parking mode.

So you can't use a Blackvue Power Magic Pro then? Wouldn't that be the case for all dash cams though?
Thought I'd just seen reference somewhere to someone using one.

Last edited:
You can use it as a power supply but as @jokiin said, the camera can't change modes without their hardwire kit. The kit is not all that expensive anyway.

Ok. Thanks.
It wasn't the cost. It was the timer as well as additional voltage cut offs that I liked about the PMP. There are times when I don't use the main car for a few days and I'm paranoid about the battery taking a hammering. If I'm not using it I guess I can just switch the camera off though before I turn the ignition off. Presumably this would turn it completely off (ie no parking mode), even with the hard wire kit? I'm guessing I'd have to remember to turn it back on next time I used the car?

Yes that is correct, just hold the power button to turn off the camera. You don't have to wait to turn off the car, you can do it at anytime you wish. Then turn it on again as you enter/start the car.

Great. Thanks.
Where's the best place to buy an 0906? I'm in the UK and would prefer to buy from a UK supplier in case of issues.

We sell Mini 0906 on amazon US with worldwide shipping. the dash cam has good quality. if you have any problems, ask us or Rayman.Chan about the solution.

Which is where I just ordered mine from yesterday via ebays 20% off offer. :)
I think they supply the old style hardwire kit though (according to their picture), so I also ordered the new one from another seller.

Kicking myself for missing 20% off.
What's the difference between the old and new hardware kits?

New kit has a bit tighter voltage tolerances and has 4 selectable cutoff voltages to protect your car battery from being run down to much.

You can get the kit and camera from the same place, just ask them. They are also on this forum most of the time

I bought mine from Combi as I wanted a local (UK) distributor and am happy with it.

Also had a query about the hardwire kit, emailed Combi and they responded very quickly on a weekend to confirm that the 0906 ships with the new type hardwire kit with the selectable voltage monitoring. So I bought one from them! Just in the process of installing it, once I can find a permanent live and an ignition live for the parking guard.

I think you can also put the dashcam into motion sensor mode without the hardwire kit. Think I did this without realising the other day while checking mine out and at first wondered why it recorded 10secs then stopped recording. Waved a finger in front of the lens and it recorded another 10secs.......

Thanks all. Ordered from Combi as I too wanted a UK based dealer.
Just need to source an SD card now.

My 0906 arrived from Combi yesterday, it came with the new hardwire kit.

So I got the 0906 and installed everything today, although not the front camera as I want to let the mount get good and stuck to the screen before I put any weight on it.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Voltage cut off on the hardwire kit - what's the best setting. The car is <1 year old, stop/start so I assume AGM battery but I know it's very sensitive to low voltages. I've set the cut off to 12.4v as I want to be ultra cautious but is this suitable? I probably don't need more than 7 hours of recording when parked as I'll switch it off completely at home as it's parked behind electric gates.
2. How can I tell if it's in parking guard mode? I've set it for time lapse. When I tested it earlier I couldn't tell if it was doing anything when I switched the engine off (the screen and all lights went off).
3. How do you switch between front and rear camera view to check the rear view setup?

Thanks for your help.

Back