Mini 0906 Auto on Not working but auto off does

KryssiMcK4

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I just had a new Mini 0906 professionally hardwired in 2 weeks ago. The camera used to automatically turn on when I started the car, and then automatically turn off when I shut the car off. Now it doesn't automatically turn on, so I manually press the button to turn it on, but when I turn my car off the camera automatically shuts off no problem. I asked the installer to make sure the parking setting is on as well. I haven't played with the camera at all except to manually turn it on when I start my car now. Is there a setting somewhere that's been missed? I'm in sales so I'm in and out of my car all day long so I'm wondering if the constant on/off is an issue for this camera. I would like to have it on while parked in case I get hit in a parking lot, which I'm in a lot of every day. As far as I'm concerned, it can just be on all the time so whatever setting is best for that, that's what I'd like to do. Thanks!

I would reload the firmware. It won't hurt and possibly resolve the problem and doesn't take very long

Can you connect the cig lighter cable to the camera temporarily to eliminate a faulty hardwire kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u r using hardwire with parking sensor, then u may have the same problem as mine. I set my low voltage cutoff at 12.4V (extremely safe side to not drain my car battery).

When ignition is turned on, battery reading will drop to 11.4V thereabouts and dashcam will auto off. Then it takes 5-10 secs or so to have it above 12.4V thereabouts with engine running. So the first 5-10 secs or so, my dashcam does not come alive. Dashcam will be turned on thereafter, in the middle of driving.

My dashcam is fitted in a 2018 manufactured MINI.

If u r using hardwire with parking sensor, then u may have the same problem as mine. I set my low voltage cutoff at 12.4V (extremely safe side to not drain my car battery).

When ignition is turned on, battery reading will drop to 11.4V thereabouts and dashcam will auto off. Then it takes 5-10 secs or so to have it above 12.4V thereabouts with engine running. So the first 5-10 secs or so, my dashcam does not come alive. Dashcam will be turned on thereafter, in the middle of driving.

My dashcam is fitted in a 2018 manufactured MINI.

I understand what you're saying here but what if something happens before the Dashcam turns on? Mine doesn't turn on at all so I don't think this is the issue! Thanks for your input :)

You could ask the installer to help wire it in a way that it is always recording normally, be it engine on or off (leave the yellow wire unused, red wire to an always live point, black wire to car chassis). The battery voltage selector could be switched to the 12V position so if car batt goes below this, dashcam should auto off. You have to disable the parking function from the dashcam software so that recording is constant, now that the yellow wire is not used.

This is what I see when I manually turn the camera on

Back