Mini 0906 compatible power bank?

MintMochi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone sorry if I'am beating a dead horse here,

I plan on purchasing a Mini 0906 but I want to run the system with power banks and not hardwire to my car for battery reasons. Ive read a few threads here and honestly I know next to nothing about voltages and other electrical important things. So I was wondering if someone could give me a quick yes or no on if this power bank would work for the Mini 0906 https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073QQPKVY ?

I think i read that the mini is 5v and these powerbanks have a 5v option? Since I dont have the mini just yet I also dont know if i can power the mini from these banks since they dont have a car cigar female thing. I was wondering if any current owner could tell me if i could just use a micro usb cable to usb end to power the camera from the bank? I know that heat is an issue with these power banks and I hope to store it in the middle console or glove compartment to keep the power bank cooler.

Any information would be helpful thanks a bunch >.<~!

Am i reading this correctly? You can run a usb cable from the camera to the power bank and then another cable from the power bank to the cigarette power outlet?

Am i reading this correctly? You can run a usb cable from the camera to the power bank and then another cable from the power bank to the cigarette power outlet?
99% of power banks are not suitable to be used like this

So i get it that you're not suppose to run it to the cars power. Can i use the power bank in place of the hardwire kit and be able to receive the parking guard feature?

parking guard feature won't work from a power bank

99% of power banks don't support pass through charging, you can't charge and discharge the battery at the same time, it's dangerous to do that with LiPo cells

Back