China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
here is a test firmware released for those updates:

1, seperate the front cam EV and rear cam EV (thanks to Joiin's suggestion);
2, set the default rear cam flip to ON to fit the whistle rear cam;
3, active the rear cam monitoring for MOTION DETECTION and PARKING GUARD
4, cancel the file protection for motion detected in Parking Guard mode

there maybe bugs in the new file protection logic, need long time test to figure out.

download:
http://www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20171013.zip

Firmware installed, let's see how it goes tomorrow :)

I'm seeing some GPS lock on problems that have got worse with the new firmware. Previously - the GPS logging might be immediate or it might take 2-3 minutes. Now it's reliably taking 6-7 minutes to lock on and start logging.

the GPS signal is not related firmware, but a big difference from different mounting location and interference, also effected by weather, time, topography.
2 to 3 minutes is normal for the built in GPS, 6-7 is little long but yes we have the experience in our test here.

OK - thanks. Can I ask - how should you deal with summer time with regards the clock on the camera? In the UK right now - we're on daylight savings, so one hour ahead from GMT. Does that mean we set the '1' at the front of the date/time settings to adjust the hour up - or do you actually change the hour?

I'm led to understand that the onboard clock does actually affect GPS - so understanding how to adjust for DST would be useful.

yes set the timezone to +1 during daylight savings, back to 0 once it ends, the GPS gets time and date as GMT 0 only, any offset from that based on your location is handled by the camera to then display the correct time, only set the timezone offset, no need to adjust the clock if you have GPS

Do not know if this was suggested or already implemented (I do not own this DVR yet), but here's my suggestion:
Make an option to select storage space limit for locked files. Say, locked files can only occupy 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% of total SD card storage. And make these locked files also rotate like normal video files when storage limit reaches.

Am I right in thinking that the parking guard "full speed" recording kicks in on both motion and g-sensor?

In which case - my suggestion would be to make the motion sensing to be on if the motion sensor control is also on in the menus.

I've just reviewed my footage from earlier on a test drive and I can see almost all full speed recording in the car park because a car is going behind or in front of the car every 30 seconds. So I don't get the benefit of parking guard in terms of smaller storage. I don't really care about motion - just about impact.

Equally - a rain shower tripped the full speed recording too later on when parked on the driveway. So I've got a lot of <1MB files, all followed by a 15MB file. Kinda defeats the point (IMHO).

But with those allowances - it looks like the parking guard worked nicely and no locked files :)

I can see almost all full speed recording in the car park because a car is going behind or in front of the car every 30 seconds. So I don't get the benefit of parking guard in terms of smaller storage. I don't really care about motion - just about impact.

then, it will be a quite complex work to acclimatize all the working condition..........
a huge challenge

then, it will be a quite complex work to acclimatize all the working condition..........
a huge challenge

That surprises me.

Is the challenge the actual coding or simply the combinations of the on/offs and making sure that all functions correctly?

I`ve upgraded to this firmware (FIRMWARE_20171013).
- The Rear camera is not working.
- The Dashcam (Front) is freezing and not recording
- The buttons are not reacting, even the Power button
If I unplug the Rear camera, the Front camera is working as stand alone. I rolled back to the FIRMWARE_20170829.
Attached, please find the Novatek log

Attachments

• FW_20171013_Log.zip
    307 KB · Views: 7
I'm seeing some GPS lock on problems that have got worse with the new firmware. Previously - the GPS logging might be immediate or it might take 2-3 minutes. Now it's reliably taking 6-7 minutes to lock on and start logging.
Is it related to firmware or not, I have noticed the exactly same behavior BUT with FIRMWARE_20170829.

I didn`t touch the GPS module since I have installed it and with earlier FWs, the GPS lock was almost instant

I`ve upgraded to this firmware (FIRMWARE_20171013).
- The Rear camera is not working.
- The Dashcam (Front) is freezing and not recording
- The buttons are not reacting, even the Power button
If I unplug the Rear camera, the Front camera is working as stand alone. I rolled back to the FIRMWARE_20170829.
Attached, please find the Novatek log

Sounds like the update failed to complete properly. Have you given it a 2nd go?

@speuk , good idea. I have tried 2 more times. The results are same: The Dashcam is freezing with the Rear camera plugged in.

Hi All,

I just got these cams from Amazon. Mine is running firmware 20170724 V2. My time keeps messing up randomly and I cannot figure out why. It's not resetting. It just starts at a random time even after I set it up correctly, then switch the view to rear cam and the time will change. Is it related to the FW or is my cams defective, or the battery in there is bad? Thanks

Hi Rocky,

First step would be to update firmware. I would go straight to the October version which seems pretty stable other than for a possible glitch on Parking Guard.

Back