Mini 0906 hardwired kit installed at a shop, how to tell if parking mode is working correctly?

nomish33

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I had the mini 0906 installed at a shop with the hardwire kit, how can I tell if parking mode is working how it should? I saw in the updated firmware manual theres a red "P" with a circle around it for parking more, however when I turn the car off I never see that, I only see a grayed out one when I have parking mode set to auto switch timelapse. I tried all different settings in the parking mode menu and when sitting in the car after turning it off, with power off delay set to off, the frame rate stays at 1080 and never changes. The cutoff voltage is set to 12.2, I have seen some in here also mention that there is an option in the parking guard menu to turn it off, but I don't see that option. I set screen off delay to 15 seconds because when that was set to "off" the screen always stayed on. I have been manually turning the camera off when I park so it wont overheat because I am unsure if it is actually going into standby mode and in the parking guard setting. Thank You. By the way, the hardwired kit I got, I got off of amazon its the veckle hardwire kit.

1) Set the screen delay off to never
2) Set the CAM to 1080P/30fps for front and back cam
3) Start on the engine
4) Check to ensure the CAM is showing 1080p/30fps
5) Stop the engine
6) Wait a few seconds and the CAM should show 720p/2fps

If #6 does not occur, most likely the ACC and Constant got swap. To test this, swap the two cable and repeat step 1 to 6

Last edited:
1) Set the screen delay off to never
2) Set the CAM to 1080P/30fps for front and back cam
3) Start on the engine
4) Check to ensure the CAM is showing 1080p/30fps
5) Stop the engine
6) Wait a few minute and the CAM should show 720p/2fps

If #6 does not occur, most likely the ACC and Constant got swap. To test this, swap the two cable and repeat step 1 to 6

Thank you, I'll try that again , I tried it earlier and believe it stayed showing 1080p , does the parking mode setting affect this ?

Yes. When parking mode is active, the recording is shift from 1080p to 720p. Also the frame rate changes from 30fps/60fps to 2fps.

Yes. When parking mode is active, the recording is shift from 1080p to 720p. Also the frame rate changes from 30fps/60fps to 2fps.
Thank you, I tired that staying in the car after turning it off and stayed at 1080 but when I got to work this morning I locked the car then just got in it to go on lunch and when I unlocked the car and got in, I saw very fast the cam go from showing 720 to 1080 so I believe it is working. Just trying to figure out the best parking guard setting now. Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you, I tired that staying in the car after turning it off and stayed at 1080 but when I got to work this morning I locked the car then just got in it to go on lunch and when I unlocked the car and got in, I saw very fast the cam go from showing 720 to 1080 so I believe it is working. Just trying to figure out the best parking guard setting now. Thank you.
Another way would be look at the recording time. Mine zero's out and starts from beginning when I switch my car off. So thats how I decide whether it's in parking mode or not. But unfortunately mine din't stay on till morning to see whether its still recording or not. But You can always look the recordings from SD card in your system just to be sure

Another way would be look at the recording time. Mine zero's out and starts from beginning when I switch my car off. So thats how I decide whether it's in parking mode or not. But unfortunately mine din't stay on till morning to see whether its still recording or not. But You can always look the recordings from SD card in your system just to be sure
Thank you, ill try that too.

If you are going to just check the files on the SD card, all you have to do is check if the MP4 files are 1080p or 720p. 1080p->regular recording. 720p->parking mode.

If you are going to just check the files on the SD card, all you have to do is check if the MP4 files are 1080p or 720p. 1080p->regular recording. 720p->parking mode.
I just checked the files, there are some 720p video files, I noticed however when parked there will be one clip thats 720p with a length of 1:50, then the next clip is 1080p then the next is 720, it goes back and forth like that. I had it set to auto switch time lapse, the g sensor on the camera was on medium setting, could that be what was causing that to happen? I also noticed there are no clips while it is night time, as the car is parked, would that be the cut off voltage setting just turning the camera off? I have the cut off voltage set to 12.2 right now, didn't want to drain the battery too much while it is parked.

Well, if there are some files going from 720p to 1080p, then it's working correctly. When there is motion or a g-sensor detect, the CAM wakes up from parking mode and goes into full recording mode (1080p). After a while, if motion and g-sensor is no longer registered, it will drop back to 720p.

As for the checking if the battery voltage got too low and cause the CAM to power off, all you have to do is:
1) In the morning, don't crank the engine
2) Push the power button on the CAM. If it's still recording, the screen will power on. If the CAM is power off, the screen won't turn on, which means the battery's voltage has dropped below your 12.2V setting.

or grab a DMM and measure the battery at the terminal. Then subtract at least 100mV from the measured voltage to account for the voltage loss due to the cabling.

I hate to ask my question here, but I didnt want to clutter up the forum.

I just ordered the mini 0906 and see that a few people are using hard wiring kits. What it I already have a dedicated 12v spare socket in my car that has constant power. Do I still need a hardwire kit? My current dual channel cam (Magellab MiVue 480D) is plugged into that power source with parking mode enabled and it works perfectly. Can I do the same with the mini 0906?

If you want to use the parking mode then you would need the hardwire kit. If you just want to have the CAM always recording, then it's not needed.

If you want to use the parking mode then you would need the hardwire kit. If you just want to have the CAM always recording, then it's not needed.
So using a hardwire kit would only be needed for parking mode. But, doesn't the hardwire kit supply constant power to the camera to be able to use parking mode? So, I would still be able to use parking mode with the 12v constant power source without a hardwire kit. My car has two cigarette power ports. One has power when the car is turned on and one has constant power. I figured I could just plug the camera into that power outlet and setup parking mode.

The hardware kit is wired to a constant (always supplying power) and another is wired to the ACC. It monitors the ACC to determine if the the engine is on or off (parking mode get activated).

As to what you are suggesting to do, that would work, but you will need to find a USB wire with the OTG pin wired (good luck with that, next to impossible to find) then splice the wire to hook up to the two separate power ports (of course you will also need two USB charger adapter for the two ports)

Well, if there are some files going from 720p to 1080p, then it's working correctly. When there is motion or a g-sensor detect, the CAM wakes up from parking mode and goes into full recording mode (1080p). After a while, if motion and g-sensor is no longer registered, it will drop back to 720p.

As for the checking if the battery voltage got too low and cause the CAM to power off, all you have to do is:
1) In the morning, don't crank the engine
2) Push the power button on the CAM. If it's still recording, the screen will power on. If the CAM is power off, the screen won't turn on, which means the battery's voltage has dropped below your 12.2V setting.

or grab a DMM and measure the battery at the terminal. Then subtract at least 100mV from the measured voltage to account for the voltage loss due to the cabling.
Thank you, I tried this, getting into the car in the morning and pushing the power button and the cam was staying off until I cranked the engine then the cam turned on instantly. I may need to get a new battery soon possibly is that I am wondering.

Nothing wrong with your battery, remember, the CAM drains the battery if you have it in parking mode. With the CAM in this state, it's perfectly normal for the battery to lose charge. Of course, with any battery, constant charging and discharging will degrade the life expectancy of the battery.

If you are really concern, bring your car to the shop and have them check the CCA of the battery.

Back