Mini 0906 Microphone not working and other issues

Taffee Dulos

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Dash Cam
Blueskysea Mini 0906
First problem: There is no sound in the video recording. I have checked all the settings and the microphone is NOT on MUTE mode. I have tested the camera the day I received it and all is fine with its video and audio. Not until I have installed it in my car, that's the time when the sound is gone. But I observed that on the video, you can hear bits of knocking sound or tapping sound everytime the car runs over uneven surface on the road (like cracks or pot holes). Anyone having the same issue?

Second problem: The camera captures and saves photos randomly (i think). The image folder inside the microSD card saves around 5 photos each camera (front & rear). I have disabled all the features of the parking mode, Gsensor and other settings that are needed. I don't want this "saving" to happen because it occupies space in my microSD card.

Third problem: It randomly resets the date and time. Sometimes only the time resets. What seems to be the problem? The car is used everyday so I guess the internal battery (does it have one?) is always re-charged.

By the way, I bought my camera on eBay and the manufacturer is Blueskysea from China.

Thanks in advance guys.

First problem: There is no sound in the video recording. I have checked all the settings and the microphone is NOT on MUTE mode. I have tested the camera the day I received it and all is fine with its video and audio. Not until I have installed it in my car, that's the time when the sound is gone.
----- usually the microphone is disabled by mistake pressed the UP button - the short cut to disable MIC.
But I observed that on the video, you can hear bits of knocking sound or tapping sound everytime the car runs over uneven surface on the road (like cracks or pot holes). Anyone having the same issue?
----- can you sare a video so we can check? please send the link to rayman@megcn.com
Second problem: The camera captures and saves photos randomly (i think). The image folder inside the microSD card saves around 5 photos each camera (front & rear). I have disabled all the features of the parking mode, Gsensor and other settings that are needed. I don't want this "saving" to happen because it occupies space in my microSD card.
------ please check your remote controller, if it is mistake pressed?
Third problem: It randomly resets the date and time. Sometimes only the time resets. What seems to be the problem? The car is used everyday so I guess the internal battery (does it have one?) is always re-charged.
------- that is a MS621FE battery inside to provide power to clock, it is re-charged in small current. If you drive everyday but if it is too short, the battery may not re-charged enough.

1. Mic is ON, not muted. I will send you sample video soon. Now i have deleted all my videos because I updated the firmware. But still microphone is not working.
2. Remote controller is not pressed by mistake because I stick it on the dashboard.
3. I will monitor if the date/time resetting still occurs after I updated the firmware.

- Problem on MIC still exist. No audio coming out from the video recordings.
- Random photo taking & automatic saving stopped. No more saved images.
- Time settings changed again to different time.

I just want to update this thread. Time and day resetting is resolved (for now I guess, it has been more than 1 week) by installing the nolog firmware: www.mini0906.com/firmware/FIRMWARE_20180125_nolog.zip

While the mic problem i guess it's a hardware issue. until now still no sound recorded. I give up!

Back