Mini 0906 not saving video files

dude123

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new to this forum and this is my first post

I have recently bought a Blueskysea mini 0906. I have not bought a huge storage SD card yet., however I had some 8GB SD cards lying around.

Anyways I thought I'd use these cards just to test out the camera and see how it functions. So I did and everything seems to be working fine. It shows it's recording but when I take the SD card out to check the video files, the files are either missing or only a portion of the video is there. When I say a portion I mean like at 2GB out of the 8GB is used.

Example. I turn my car on from work, shows its recording and when i get home and take the card out only like the last 5 min was saved. This is the case for both the rear and the front camera. It doesnt seem to be very consistent either sometimes the front video will have no files and the rear camera will have a bit.

I suppose you formatted the card using the cam?

Of course. I have quite a few 8GB SD cards and I tried a few and they all give me the same issue. Where either footage is missing or there is not file at all. There seems to be no consistencies between the Rear and Front Camera

8GB is too small for practical purposes, the camera needs to reserve space for event files, parking files, recycling etc

Indeed 64 Gb at the very least, 128 Gb preferred for 2 cameras.

I dident get around to try my older memory cards in the 0906, as i remember the larger cards i did manage to get to run in it all worked fine.

Oh okay thanks for the help guys. I will try a bigger memory card. It's just i never had one lying around other then the 8 GB cards that I was just using to test the camera out. I will try a larger one and see if it works

Thanks guys I got a 128GB Sandisk Ultra SD card and it worked beautifully, it saves a file every 10 min (i.e 1 hour footage would be 6 files). I've yet to test the loop function of the camera.

Back