Mini 0906 Parking guard not turning on

csns

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Dears,

I am new to the dashcam experience but I did some reasonable amount of searching, however I did not come across a problem similar to mine. Thus this thread.

The issue: the Mini 0906 will not go into parking guard mode - keeps recording with FHD resolution @ 30 fps.

The setup:
- the camera is set to never turn off (auto power off is deactivated)
- basic recording is set to 1080p @ 30 fps for both front and rear cameras
- parking guard is set to continuous timelapse (but I also tried with motion detection etc.)
- hardwire kit I use is this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Uni...ter-Cable-for-Mini-0906-Dash/32835298362.html
- I checked many times with a voltage meter that:
a) red (power) wire gets constant 12V (and over)
b) yellow (Acc) gets 12V after ignition and goes to between 0V and 0,05V when the engine is off

- power cable is connected to the GPS base

I also checked with the rear camera disconnected - no difference.
I also tried disconnecting the ACC line to make sure it's getting absolute 0 volts - no luck either.

The hardwire kit is set to 12V as low voltage protection cut off.

The conclusion that comes to my mind is that the hardwire kit is not generating that special signal - do you guys know any way to actually check for this signal on the USB cable (which pins should I measure)?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Mike

Kevin, ladies (if any), gentlemen,

The problem appears to be resolved.

Following your image and comments, Kevin, I started measuring all the pins in the GPS base - it turned out that there was no parking signal going through.

In order to check this I disassembled the hard wire kit and I measured the voltages over there. It turned out that indeed the signal wire (in the HW kit itself) was getting the appropriate voltage when the ignition was ON - 3,3V to be exact. And this voltage would go away as soon as I turned the ignition OFF.

Then I checked if all 3 wires going from the HW kit to GPS base are conducting - and yes they were. I also checked for any short circuits and there was none.

So I once again measured the parking signal at the GPS base and for some reason not it was present.

I plugged in the camera and did some testing (ignition ON/OFF) and all was OK.

So I put the HW kit back together again and that is it.

I have no clue what was the actual problem - perhaps some of the components were not getting contact or there was some internal short circuit.

In any case thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

All the best!

Back