Mini 0906 pro. Rear camera doesn't work

aoleynik

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Hello! I have purchased Mini 0906 pro on AliExpress. All works great, but rear camera doesn't work. It has yellow strips along all video. I tried to reconnect it, change settings, update firmware. Aliexpress can only return me money back if I send all package back. But it's installed already and power cable is deep inside my car. It works and I don't want to change it. I need to do something with back camera only. Please advice!

20200627_173719_0002B.JPG

Welcome to the forum aoleynik.

What you have seem to be a dying sensor.
You can try and open the rear camera to see if there is a ribbon cable not seated correctly in there.

The cable and connector should look something like this. ( from another camera )
IMG_20200710_002010.jpg

I have found new steps and new information.

1. If I disconnect and connect again back camera from device it works great! But after power off/on it become buggy again. Tried 3 times in a row.
2. It works great in 720p mode.

So, may it be some damage in cable and it couldn't transfer 1080p at initial setup? Or something like this?

I wonder if rear camera cable are the same as regular 0906 model, cuz i have one lying around i dont use ( i was tester on the original 0906 back in the day )
Hang on and i will find it and take a picture of it for you.

This is the old 0906 cable i have, it is mini USB in the camera end, and a multi connector of some sort in the other end ( OD 7 mm )

IMG_20200710_152502.jpg

Nice.
If you would like it, just PM ( start conversation ) me where to mail it and i will go to the post office with it on Monday.

Hello! It seams my cable is a little bit different... Can't see how your pins looks like...
viber_image_2020-07-11_18-55-42.jpg

Bummer, but thats true, the plug have changed it seem.
IMG_20200711_190128.jpg

So look like you can not use my old cable :cry:

Hello everybody! Just now I opened the parcel, started to set up the camera and saw the same picture from the back camera.
Anyway thank you so much! I'll try to make it more short. Maybe I'll cut bad piece) I know how to work with solder iron)
Did you manage to solve the problem?

No. Now it works only in 1080p + 720p mode. Seller didn't respond (

No. Now it works only in 1080p + 720p mode. Seller didn't respond (
Is your camera work stable?
I'm all sad

Would you mind letting others know the seller to avoid on aliexpress?

Would you mind letting others know the seller to avoid on aliexpress?
I bought it at the official Conkim store. That just a defective camera, that I already sent to the seller.
I wouldn't say they should be avoided. A lot of my friends used the Mini 0906 version without the "PRO" version. And they didn't have a problem with this camera.

Last edited:
Back