Mini 0906 Pro Reviews (or lack of)

richx

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dash Cam
A129 Duo, A139, Mola N3, A119v2, B4K
I'm very curious about this Pro revision to the Mini 0906. Probably want to replace two separate dashcams working as front and back on my wife's car now. However what is the general consensus on the long-term reliability and stability of the product? Is the parking recording any good? I've seen a lot of reviews for the original Mini 0906, but there seems to be very little in-depth and long-term reviews for the Mini 0906 Pro.

I can only guess that this model wasn't available long enough before the global madness kicked in and production of it was cut way back. When Amazon actually had it available, I only remember 6 or 7 reviews. I don't remember what the owners liked or disliked about it. YouTube has a few videos there, but no actual reviews, just camera quality shots.
As of the post I made recently, Amazon doesn't list the Pro model for sale at all (or the regular model either). Once the pandemic is over, maybe then production will ramp up and we can all purchase this. I currently own a 2-year-old standard model, and absolutely love it.

Not sure what's up with it, but it's an older model and people tend to buy newer cams. It also now has much more competition. When the 0906 first came out there were no other decent 2-channel budget-level cams being made, and now there's plenty. On another thread it's been mentioned that the manufacturer has been AWOL from here for awhile and that nobody has heard from him, which is unusual, so he might be having health issues etc.

Phil

Okay, a friend got one and I helped him install it. It's certainly a bit thicker than expected, but it is narrower. Not the nearest to the glass, but well better than a brick on a stick right? Screen is surprisingly usable. UI is decently designed, but some of the items could be better explained.

IMG_6767.JPG

IMG_6766.JPG

The rear camera connector is a nuisance. It's not long enough, or short enough from the cable exit so it adds unnecessary stiffness where you don't want it. It would help if the cable exit was angled and rotated freely against the camera aim. This cable is also extra finicky. Pinch or turn it a bit too sharply, and you will be getting garbled image in your recordings. So give it plenty of slack anywhere you push it in.

IMG_6768.JPG

IMG_6769.JPG

Overall still very low profile. Driving time reliability is OK. Parking mode reliability seems poor. We ended up using motion detection recording instead of G sensor event recording (we intended to conserve battery wear). Conclusion is if you're low on budget and must have a 2-cam system, stick with the old mini 0906. Otherwise, perhaps two units of single cams would be more reliable at this price range.

IMG_6770.JPG

An example of what happens when you pinch the rear cable. Not a pretty sight on a new dashcam you just spent 2 hours wiring up.

20210920_015732_0002C.jpg

Mini 0906 Pro front camera night footage. Notice how high the PCB temperature reading is given this is at night and the car just started driving. The parking mode keeps the camera circuits pretty toasty!

Rear camera night footage, about the same time as above drive. IMHO the image quality doesn't really justify the Starvis sensors. Oh well, can't have everything in this price range.

My review in December 2019. Not sure if I post in DCT or not.

Still owe Rayman my K2S review.

Rear camera night footage, about the same time as above drive. IMHO the image quality doesn't really justify the Starvis sensors. Oh well, can't have everything in this price range.
Where did you buy it? Aliexpress has something like this and the price for this cam is about 1000 dollars or even more. I doubt that it is the original cam. How much is the stuff of this type? The real one? The quality is great here as I see.

Where did you buy it? Aliexpress has something like this and the price for this cam is about 1000 dollars or even more. I doubt that it is the original cam. How much is the stuff of this type? The real one? The quality is great here as I see.

Search for mini 0906 pro in aliexpress. It's less than USD120.

It's under a few brands like Megtec, Camdii, Conkim, etc. All are considered original as they shared the 0906 mould.

This is probably mentioned in the non-pro mini 0906 threads somewhere, but I just want to cover the fact that the mini 0906 pro does not have G-sensor event parking recording when using 3-wire power supply to trigger parking mode.

The parking recording is divided into three modes:
1) Motion detection
2) Time lapse
3) Motion Lapse - combination of modes 1+2.

It is triggered via two different methods depending on your installation style.
A) Hardwired power / constant-on ciggie power without parking signal. (G Sensor mode)
B) Parking guard hardwired power (3-wire). (ACC Mode)

Method A has two more options for parking mode:
4) Normal recording
5) Auto power off

So the options in the menu are just combinations of the above. If you have power supply A, the detection of if the camera should enter the parking mode is when the G sensor is inactive for 10 minutes. So these modes are all named G-Sensor in the front. IT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL ONLY RECORD WHEN SOMEONE HAS BUMPED YOUR CAR! It will still constantly run in either modes 1/2/3.

Ironically if you want the camera to record only upon G-sensor event, the correct setting to use is named Auto Power Off.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've just purchased a Mini 0906 Pro 4K dash-cam and I'm hoping someone can answer a question for me. I don't want to take advantage of the parking guard options on this camera. I only want the camera to record when I start the engine. Can anyone please tell me whether this camera would still work if it was just wired up with the red and black wires connected, and the yellow wire remaining unconnected to my car? Or is there a way to completely shut down this camera once the car is turned off? I very rarely use my car, and it's parked at the front of my driveway with a constant stream of human traffic passing by continually. Unless the camera is turned off when the engine is turned off then I'm worried that my car battery will be drained by the dash-cam and the memory card will be constantly filling up with data I don't wish to record.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Back