Mini 0906 questions

whbh

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
I have been on this forum for last few days and I must say that all your inputs in this forum is super informative and very useful. Thank you for that! I am looking for getting a dual channel dash camera for my new vehicle. Mini 0906 seems a good option, however I have some questions. I would really appreciate your inputs.
  • Parking mode is a must for me. Does the rear camera record at park or only the front camera? I need something that utilizes both camera at park.
  • What is the best way to keep recording at park without draining the car battery? Hard-wiring or separate battery or combination of both? Any recommendation on the hard-wire equipment or battery?
  • I have remote start in my vehicle. Can the camera somehow interfere with the remote start?
  • Is it possible to get Mini without the GPS (I don’t want to have speed stamps in the video)? Would that lower the price?
  • Where should I buy the camera from? I don’t mind waiting a few weeks if I can get a cheaper price. I am seeing on Ebay that some sellers from China are selling the camera at a cheaper rate, but not sure if the seller/product is legitimate. Also, I am confused by all the brands for this camera.
  • If anyone has a Subaru with Eyesight (mine is the 18 Crosstrek with Eyesight) and/or auto-dimming rear-view mirror, could you please share your experience? Where did you mount the front camera? Did it interfere with the Eyesight or the auto-dimming rear-view mirror?
Thank you all!

Front and rear cam works in parking mode with latest firmware
Best way is use the direct-wire power module (usually an optional purchase). It has the ability to turn off the cam if the battery drops too low and automagically switch to parking mode when the car is turned off
I have no problem at all with remote start
GPS speed stamp is a menu selectable option. Even with GPS, you don't have to speed-stamp the video
I bought mine from iOrange-E on Amazon. It had a bad rear camera cable, which the vendor was very helpful in resolving (with a new cable)
I have a 2017 Chevy Volt, which also has an auto-dimming rear view mirror. No problems.

I have the rear hatch heavily tinted. The rear (and front) camera has a menu adjustment that compensated for the tint very well.
I leave my cam on 24-7. With 128 GB card, I can store about 7 hours of high res video. If you need to store more video than that, then there are other parking mode options that will consume less space, with more compromises in video resolution/capture. Or you could opt for a 256 GB card ($$$), but I don't have personal experience

Also, the filter on the front camera is wonderful. Once you adjust the filter correctly, you eliminate nearly all the windshield/dash reflections.

Based on my experience with the camera, I would recommend it and iOrange-E as a vendor.

Thanks a lot for your detailed reply! Much appreciated.

Front and rear cam works in parking mode with latest firmware
Best way is use the direct-wire power module (usually an optional purchase). It has the ability to turn off the cam if the battery drops too low and automagically switch to parking mode when the car is turned off
I have no problem at all with remote start
GPS speed stamp is a menu selectable option. Even with GPS, you don't have to speed-stamp the video
I bought mine from iOrange-E on Amazon. It had a bad rear camera cable, which the vendor was very helpful in resolving (with a new cable)
I have a 2017 Chevy Volt, which also has an auto-dimming rear view mirror. No problems.

I have the rear hatch heavily tinted. The rear (and front) camera has a menu adjustment that compensated for the tint very well.
I leave my cam on 24-7. With 128 GB card, I can store about 7 hours of high res video. If you need to store more video than that, then there are other parking mode options that will consume less space, with more compromises in video resolution/capture. Or you could opt for a 256 GB card ($$$), but I don't have personal experience

Also, the filter on the front camera is wonderful. Once you adjust the filter correctly, you eliminate nearly all the windshield/dash reflections.

Based on my experience with the camera, I would recommend it and iOrange-E as a vendor.

very helpful for new users

Hi could please anyone tell me which seller in ebay australia can I buy a good deal this mini 0906? Thanks a lot!

Hi could please anyone tell me which seller in ebay australia can I buy a good deal this mini 0906? Thanks a lot!
You can PM me for ebay.au purchase link :)

Back