Mini 0906 rear camera - how far does the lens rotate?

mccalli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Question before buying - how far back does the lens rotate on the rear camera? Specifically, could I mount it such that the adhesive pad is on a vertical surface, and then have the lens point 'backwards' away from that surface?

Context: trying to figure out what to do for the car below. As you can see there is almost no room at all for a rear facing lens if the visors are down. One possible answer is to mount on the black plastic in the centre, just near where the courtesy light is. To do that the rear camera would need to be very small, have the adhesive pad stuck to the plastic vertically (leaving an unrotated lens pointing straight down) and to then rotate the lens so it is pointing back through the car.

I have an AUKEY DR 02 for my other car - had a look just now and found that I couldn't rotate its lens to fit this use case (if adhesive pad were vertical, the lens would rotate and point forwards out of the car, not backwards as I need). Because this is unusual, none of the youtube reviews I've seen address how far back a lens can rotate.

Any information gratefully received.

HSFT6bc.jpg

I have an AUKEY DR 02 for my other car - had a look just now and found that I couldn't rotate its lens to fit this use case (if adhesive pad were vertical, the lens would rotate and point forwards out of the car, not backwards as I need). Because this is unusual, none of the youtube reviews I've seen address how far back a lens can rotate.
I do not think mini0906 will fit your car! Its rear camera has the similar structure with DR02.

I do not think mini0906 will fit your car! Its rear camera has the similar structure with DR02.
Thanks for this - appreciate knowing in advance. Bank to drawing board then - it's surprisingly hard to find anything that works for this use case.

There's a waterproof rear camera for the Mini 0906 available for £10 so you could mount it anywhere externally.
Or you make a small cube / wedge, stick this where you suggest and stick the camera to it.
Dunno if these would work but there must be something you can think of that you could adapt for this use: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06VWZCYX2

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I B1W 12
H B1W 46
M B1W 2
B B1W 18
J B1W 4
Back