Mini 0906 - Speed Not Recording / Displaying

aldksgo

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I've had this dash camera for about two years now, and just got around to wiring up the rear camera.

I've seen that the speed is not recording since plugging in the rear camera.

I've tried:
  1. Reset to default
  2. Update firmware to FIRMWARE_20180704.zip
  3. Reset to default while updating to FIRMWARE_20180704.zip
I'm at a loss as I would like to have the speed recorded.

Thank you,
Mark

I'll unplug the rear camera and drive around the block when I'm free and report back.

Thanks for the suggestion.

if you unplug the rear camera does the speed show up then?
Hi Jokiin,

I've gone out and made two tests and trimmed the footage.

Once again on firmware FIRMWARE_20180704.zip

First clip HERE (Front ONLY, rear UNPLUGGED): https://streamable.com/qx0v1d
- We can see it starts out with 0KM/h, eventually logging the speed. Without knowing, I shortly pulled over after to turn off the car, and plug in the REAR camera to test the second scenario.

Second clip HERE (Front & Rear PLUGGED): https://streamable.com/ddls5c
- Both front and rear show the same thing, but this is the footage from the rear.
- We can see it starts out at 0KM/h again, however I've trimmed it to demonstrate it going from 0KM/h, to tracking speed, back to 0KM/h.

Not sure where to go from here.

Last edited:
Weird behaviour now too. Speed is completely incorrect. Showing speed while I'm at a full stop on multiple occasions, toggling between 0KM/h and some speed while moving.

your symptoms suggest you have GPS signal issues, either something is inhibiting the signal (interference, window type etc), or the GPS unit is failing

Hi all,

I've had this dash camera for about two years now, and just got around to wiring up the rear camera.

I've seen that the speed is not recording since plugging in the rear camera.

I've tried:
  1. Reset to default
  2. Update firmware to FIRMWARE_20180704.zip
  3. Reset to default while updating to FIRMWARE_20180704.zip
I'm at a loss as I would like to have the speed recorded.

Thank you,
Mark
Hi Mark, please wind some tinsel on the extending cable and try , thank you.

your symptoms suggest you have GPS signal issues, either something is inhibiting the signal (interference, window type etc), or the GPS unit is failing

Nothing else was installed at this time. The footage up until the point before install + routing the rear camera had the speed fine.. so I'm not sure.

Is there another version of Mini I could get or something if that is the only resolution that will use the same rear camera? It was pretty involved installation to get proper wire management with the headliner, weather liner ETC.
Hi Mark, please wind some tinsel on the extending cable and try , thank you.
Hi Rayman.Chan, which cable should I wrap?

Nothing else was installed at this time. The footage up until the point before install + routing the rear camera had the speed fine.. so I'm not sure.

Is there another version of Mini I could get or something if that is the only resolution that will use the same rear camera? It was pretty involved installation to get proper wire management with the headliner, weather liner ETC.

I'm not sure but @Rayman.Chan will be able to advise if there are other models that will work with your rear camera

Hi Mark, the extending cable of 6m to that connect the rear len.

Hi Mark, the extending cable of 6m to that connect the rear len.
A lot of the cable is hidden under the roof liner and such, tucked away. But the issue occurs when the rear camera isn't even plugged in :(

Not sure what to try here. Stil continues to toggle on and off, sometimes accurately and sometimes not. Saw in some occasions where I'm parked and it slowly climbs up to 120KM/h

Back