Mini 0906 User Questions

Texas Mouse

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a few questions about the 0906. I am hoping someone here can answer them for me:
  1. Is there any way to get the front unit to display the image from the back camera? A button that can be pressed to toggle between the two cameras, perhaps?
  2. How do you turn off the Mic? Older Mini cams could be configured to have the mic off by default, and then press an arrow button to toggle it on an off. Is that possible with the 0906? If so, how?
  3. What is the difference between using the provided power block (with Acc-On-Gnd wires) as opposed to just wiring only to Acc? Does the internal battery/capacitor store enough power to activate the camera for Parking Mode, if needed?
Thanks!

I have a question too. Some sellers offer different versions of Mini 0906: "Standard", "+GPS", "+GPS and +CPL". I thought that GPS is embedded into DVR's mount. Is it really an option and mounts without GPS module also exist? Or is it some sort of fake option to only get a little more money from buyer?

1. Just press the power button once to view rear view and again to turn the display off.
2. I haven't tested but usually long press up or down button while recording.

Attachments

• turn off the mic.png
    turn off the mic.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 13
What is the difference between using the provided power block (with Acc-On-Gnd wires) as opposed to just wiring only to Acc? Does the internal battery/capacitor store enough power to activate the camera for Parking Mode, if needed?

there are several connecting method:
1, RED - ON, BLACK - GND, YELLOW - ACC
this allow the 0906 works in continual recording (set PARKING GUARD to OFF) or Parking Guard recording with vehicle ignited or parked (set Parking Guard to ON)
2, RED - ON. BLACK - GND, YELLOW - ON(short with red)
this allow the 0906 works in continual recording (constant power supply) no matter vehicle ignited or parked
4, RED - ON. BLACK - GND, YELLOW - NO (set Parking Guard to OFF)
this allow the 0906 works in continual recording
3, RED - ACC, BLACK - GND, YELLOW -NO (set Parking Guard to OFF)
this allow the 0906 works as a normal cigar charger supply following vehicle ignited or parked

remember set the Parking Guard to OFF if yellow wire not conneted.

The super capacitor built in 0906 is very limited, it is designed for last file saving;
the Parking Guard design in 0906 is quite different with the Parking Mode in other cameras
If you want the 0906 Parking Guard function, you must use the Parking Guard hardwire kit.

Hi Rayman

Any problem with wiring red and yellow to acc and black to ground to work as normal cigar lighter so all power is switched off when ignition is off?

Thanks
Simon

yes it will work, Simon.
if you set the PARKING GUARD to OFF, then YELLOW cable will not be detected. Connect RED to ACC will let the cable work as a cigar charger.

I have noticed that all the pictures of the mount/GPS module seem to have 2 micro USB ports. What purpose do they serve?

Last edited:
Back