Mini 0906 woes....

bronze84

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750, K1S, Marcus3, Mobius, Xiaomi Yi, Sony AS100v
Well, after my previous thread in the ‘what to buy’ section, I went ahead and bought the Mini 0906 dual set up for my daughter. It was within her budget and probably had the best video quality for the price point. I installed the camera today, all was going ok, I was setting the time/date, formatting the card etc then all of a sudden the camera turned off..... and stayed off! I haven’t been able to get it to turn back on no matter what I do. So I guess the camera will be going back. I’ll be asking for a refund instead of replacement as I’m left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Anyhow, I guess it’s back to the drawing board I may end up just buying her the SG DC when I order mine or may look at another route. For some reason she specifically wants a remote save button (like the 0906 came with - I know the DC doesn’t come with one but I might just get it anyway) so my choices are quite limited!

Grrr, 1st world problems!

we will have a remote save option on another model we're working on but that's still a little while away yet unfortunately

did you try powering the 0906 directly instead of through the mount to see if it would power up?

Yeah I tried a USB port in my car, a power bank, a plug in my house and on my computer but nothing :(

Just out of interest, will this remote save option be available on a dual cam that’s in the pipeline?

What where you powering it from when it failed?

If you haven't already tried, try pressing the reset button...

Yes I tried the reset button and I also held the power button for 20 seconds. It’s like it’s dead. I was powering it using the supplied cable from the aux socket. The only thing it does do is get quite warm with the power supply plugged in

Darn it, my test sample died in a similar sudden way.
but if it dont come live using the mini USB then it is most likely dead.

I hope this is not a trend, my SJdash also suddenly stopped doing anything else but display the boot screen with the SJcams logo.

Yes I tried the reset button and I also held the power button for 20 seconds. It’s like it’s dead. I was powering it using the supplied cable from the aux socket. The only thing it does do is get quite warm with the power supply plugged in
One other thing you could try before giving up is to reinstall the firmware...

Yeah I tried a USB port in my car, a power bank, a plug in my house and on my computer but nothing :(

Just out of interest, will this remote save option be available on a dual cam that’s in the pipeline?

Was this all with the same cable? (just a thought).

One other thing you could try before giving up is to reinstall the firmware...
I’m not sure how I can as it won’t power up?

I’m not sure how I can as it won’t power up?
Just put the firmware.bin file in the root folder of the mSD card, put the card in the camera, then connect the power and wait 1 minute.

Do you get any lights at all?

Any difference if you remove the memory card?

No lights at all. The power supply may as well not be plugged into it. Very strange

No change when memory card removed either

Camera get warm without any light,it indicates its power capacitor problem maybe! You can contact seller for replacement or refund.

Back