Mini 2 Battery protection for parked vehicles

Left mine on once for 3 days , big 110 , 85Ah battery .

Oh really, I’ll try mine again as I’ve only tried once since putting the switch. So you have parking mode set to normal record and preserve battery life when not in use set to 15 minutes yes.

To show you what the normal 25 f/s and time lapse 1 f/s uses .

24 hrs time lapse 8.84 GB

12 hrs normal 50.3 GB .

Little update from me. I reviewed the product on Amazon, pointing out very clearly (ahem!) that the flowchart diagram is wrong. I was then contacted by the UK seller (Wankaku) to tell me that, no, the diagram is correct - the camera WILL return from auto shutdown on a g-shock. When I protested, they contacted the manufacturer, who confirmed that, yes, that is the way it is SUPPOSED to work (wakes up from auto shutdown with a g-shock as in the diagram) BUT that they have had other reports of this not working properly!

So it seems that the camera is SUPPOSED to work per the diagram, but in practice it does not. The good news is that the manufacturer has indicated that they may be able to fix the problem via a software update. How long that will take to become available I don't know, but I will keep chasing the UK vendor to get this fixed. The UK vendor (Wankaku) are extremely responsive and eager to help, so I have some optimism that this MIGHT get fixed.

Looks like an update is available...

2018-04-30 19.20.21.png

New firmware v3 . 5 . 2 . 33 has sorted , even wakes up with the G sensor sensitivity on 'middle' .

41.gif

Where has Fabio ( Wankaku ) gone ?

His thread link in post #24 above has disappeared along with all his helpful posts as he is the author of the illustrations of the camera waking up post Auto shutdown .

Where has Fabio ( Wankaku ) gone ?

His thread link in post #24 above has disappeared along with all his helpful posts as he is the author of the illustrations of the camera waking up post Auto shutdown .

He was banned for spamming. He would message members trying to sell his cameras. Members complained, he was warned but he continued.

Understandable , such was his invested interest , ever the enthusiastic entrepreneur.

However his product knowledge and urgency to help was second to none and even realised what the Hisilicon chipset could do post battery protection Auto shutdown that even Ddpai doesn't have on their website .

A great asset and now loss to the Ddpai section .

But he's alive now .

Q . I haven't updated since June 2018 as I've got the camera working as I want and not all updates for anything work ! And tell you exactly what is going to change .

Is there now different power down time options as I've gone from 15min to 1hr but consider 6 hr too much .

2020-01-20 20.14.16.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DDPai Other 1
D DDPai Other 31
R DDPai Other 0
Back