Mini 2, what happens if I try to manually save a video during an incident

Volks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Mini 2 has incident detection and will save a 30 second clip for the detected incident. If o want to save a longer clip, I can manually press the button twice to record a 1 minute clip.

But will doing this during the auto record interrupt it, or does it capture both? I'd hate to be in an accident and find my over eager manual record disrupts the automatic capture, leaving me with no video at all!

Welcome to the forum.

No i dont think it work like that on any camera.
Your footage from before and after will still be there on the memory card, but just among the regular footage, hence why it is a good idea to not have a small memory card.

I personally dont drive much and use 256GB memory cards, so i have footage from a 2 channel system going back several weeks.
I use the event button to save little things in traffic, but only go for the footage every month or so, but i have footage in the event folder going back several months.

Different brands handle events like pressing the event button different, a little talk about that in this recent post, https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/e-button-function.46854/#post-572666

If your card is big enough (16GB or more) you don't have to do anything. There is virtually no chance that it will get overwritten by the time you get home. When you arrive home, save the footage and put the card back into to camera.
I wouldn't rely on this new logic implemented for Mini 2 and DC x7. The previous model was much better IMHO. It would save a whole minute before, the actual clip and a minute after.
I don't like this new behavior - very easy to miss important stuff... @cpal11

Back