Mini 803 seems to crash, then on un/replug boot loop

GrooveClip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Mini 803 doesn't seem very well, every now and then it simply turns off (with the shutdown noise 'bing-bong-bing'), as if it has run out of power. Seems to be getting more and more frequent.

Then, if you unplug and re-plug the camera, one time in 5 it gets stuck in a bootloop playing the boot sound constantly, see video. It also seems to do this now and then if you turn the car off and on quickly.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to possible causes? I'm currently looking into different firmware that might be more stable?

I have one, I find its the card that does this. If I format the card when it does this it will be problem free for maybe 3 weeks but will come back. My Battery is definitely knackered is flashes red more frequently (and faster) and if you pull the power out it dies straight away.

Next unit I get will have super capacitor

battery starting to fail maybe

Getting stuck in a boot loop has been one sign of a failing battery in the past for me, although when I've experienced random shutdowns with cams it's more often either overheating or software.
With a failing battery the last recorded file was usually missing or damaged which confirmed the lack of battery power available for completing the shutdown.

Of course, the opening poster's cam could be regularly overheating and explaining the random shutdowns (isn't that one of the known problem with some Mini models, including the 0803?) and the overheating is damaging the battery which is causing the other symptoms.

Back