Mini 805 CPL filter 37 mm from Xiaomi Yi

Vasi

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Mini 805
Hello all
I want a CPL filter.Is clear if you want to improve the image in sun condition Is a must have.What Is yours opinion, this filter is OK?Is necessary an adaptor, from the little diameter of mini805 to the large diameter of Xiaomi, (for me is not very difficult to made one.) The problems is if the quality and effects is OK.The price apear to be nice .
My first impression about Mini 805 not was very good, but after 2 weeks apear to be a good choice. My first choice was blackvue dual,but price and issue not convinced me.I think now to buy another M805 from rear.Only one point,I want to have more recorder time after I close the car contact, the cam has a very short autonomy ,maybe 30 sec.Is possible to have more time or is necessary a separate "all time" alimentation?

Last edited:
CPL eliminates reflections but not completely. (according to my experience). However it makes night vision a little bit darker.

Yes, is normal to be a bit darker.My concern is if is oK from mini to use this CPL.theoretical is OK, practical I will see.I'm afraid about vignetting.The 52mm diameter I believe is monstrous

I cut my filter to right diameter from big 42mm CPL for camera using small diamond disk and Dremel.. Attached black painted iron washer on the 0805 around lens by pieces of double sided tape. Cut same size washer from rubber magnet (for fridge) and glued it to CPL. So I can attach CPL to camera and just need to adjust right position (turning it) and mark this position...
0805 & CPL Filter (5).JPG 0805 & CPL Filter (2).JPG 0805 & CPL Filter (4).JPG 0805 & CPL Filter (3).JPG

Back