Mini 805 or 806

leeds2592

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Looking to buy my first dash cam and pretty much set on either getting the Mini 805 or 806 due to the good reviews and small size.

Question is, is it worth spending a bit more and getting the 806 over the 805?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi all,

Looking to buy my first dash cam and pretty much set on either getting the Mini 805 or 806 due to the good reviews and small size.

Question is, is it worth spending a bit more and getting the 806 over the 805?

Thanks in advance :)
Welcome to DCT. If you choose either, ensure that you buy from a UK-domiciled seller so that, in the event of it being faulty, you have the protection of UK consumer law & can obtain a refund or replacement without the expense & aggravation of dealing with Chinese sellers.

Note that Mini 08xx DashCams haven't established an enviable reputation for reliability.

Thanks @russ331 - What are the best sites to purchase from in the UK? Definitely don't want to be buying from China etc just in case there's any probs, as you say.

@russ331 Just seen that you have/had both the Mini 0805 and SGZC12RC, was the Street Guardian worth the extra £££? Thinking about spending a bit more and either going for the SGZC12RC or SG9665GC with the better support and @niko selling them.

@russ331 Just seen that you have/had both the Mini 0805 and SGZC12RC...
I only paid £25 for my 0805, as detailed at https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...ra-post-your-pictures.502/page-34#post-210245 so, in terms of 'bang for buck' my 0805 is unbeatable.

I wouldn't pay the £85 that Combi charge for the 0805. I do think the SGZC12RC is worth the extra cost for the performance, discreetness, build quality, inherent reliability, 2 year warranty & 24/7/365 support.

The more I look, the more I convince myself to go for one of the SG's.

Luckily the other half hasn't a clue how much they are!!

The more I look, the more I convince myself to go for one of the SG's.

Luckily the other half hasn't a clue how much they are!!

Choose a product from Street Guardian and you will not regret your decision :)
It is well worth the money!
I bought mine from @niko, I recommend him highly.

Street Guardian it is.

Now just to make my mind up whether to go for the SGZC12RC or SG9665GC.

Street Guardian it is.

I think the SG9665GC outsells the SGZC12RC by a considerable margin. I would have bought the SG9665GC if it's specification included pre-buffered Motion & G sensing. It doesn't, so I bought SGZC12RC. Fortunately, I didn't want GPS, which SG9665GC has but SGZC12RC doesn't.

Street Guardian it is.

I went for SGZC12RC because of camera is very small and provides a variety of mounting placement. I chose it also because it is easier to have two main unites next to each other so I can more easily access the SD card. Chose also for its pre-buffered Motion & G sensing. From the driver's side, in my case, you will not see the camera at all. It is also very difficult to see from the outside giving you a security from thieves. I'm actually planning on buying a SG9665GC to have as a backup camera. Whichever you choose, you can not go wrong. Choose the one you think will be best suited for you.

IMG_0479.jpg

Front SGZC12RC you can't see it but the rear one you can see but there is nothing that is disturbing.
IMG_0492.jpg

Last edited:
Street Guardian it is.

If you need more specific info, then we can even talk in Skype Live call where I can answer to all your questions and help you to chose which model best suits your needs.

Thanks for all the replies guys, and thanks @niko, I may take you up on that offer at some point this/next week.

I'd love the SGZC12RC purely for how small the actual cam is. However, if the quality of the footage is better on the SG9665GC I may go for that one.

I've looked at so many threads and videos comparing the 2 my head is spinning haha!

Thanks for all the replies guys, and thanks @niko, I may take you up on that offer at some point this/next week.

I'd love the SGZC12RC purely for how small the actual cam is. However, if the quality of the footage is better on the SG9665GC I may go for that one.

I've looked at so many threads and videos comparing the 2 my head is spinning haha!
Take your time. If any questions, feel free to ask. I am always here to assist you.

I am considering the MINI 0806 X44 $110 from GearBest.

MINI 0806 X44 1.5 inch 1296P Ambarella A7LA50 GPS Car Camera Camcorder - BLACK 116724501
135 Degree Wide Angle Lens Support Dual SD 128GB Card

I gather that there could be many similar looking variants called "MINI 0806", but does anyone know if this one sold by GearBest is a good variant?

Actually, I don't need the GPS, I would like to use it as a standalone fixed, 24/7, compact security camera.
Is there any other camera I should consider instead of the MINI 0806?
I would prioritize these:
- image quality,
- 24/7 reliability,
- record on video-motion detection.

Is "MINI 0806" the only choice if I want to run 2 X 128GB cards or larger?

Back