mini 806 2.7 volt 5.0f capacitor to 402030 li-po battery

bald eagle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, I have had this dashcam for a year or to now and it keeps coming up low battery. so i ordered a 402030 li-po battery, but upon taking the dash cam apart i found a dual 2.7 volt 5.0f capacitor. as the dashcam was not working properly i soldered in the battery and all is working fine so far. Is there anything I should be aware of with this mod or should it be ok?

Did you check the voltage that the battery charged to?

Maximum voltage for a lipo is 4.2V, above that it will die quickly, maybe catch fire if you use too much voltage. Max voltage for the dual 2.7v capacitor is 5.4V, so the camera may be charging too much. Or maybe since the supercap was an upgrade, it is still using the old charger and stays below 4.2V and everything is fine...

Thanks for the info dude, I will now have to take the thing apart and check the voltageo_O the dash cam is warm to touch but not realy hot. i will report back when i test the voltage.

well i have just tested the voltage across the battery terminals and i get around 3.99 volts. :unsure:

That is good if that was fully charged, that is where I would stop charging for a long life in a hot car.

do you have a link to the li-po you used?

I tried to replace supercaps but could not find the right once.... :-(

Back