Mini Cooper F56 Hardwire Help PLS

ranger052

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Guys.

I am new to all this and even new to messing around with electric cables. I just installed a Thinkware F800 Pro and here is the issue I am having:

- I followed this guide https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByMIJJqQlcPFR3FOa0tHSThiTGs/edit
- While the car is ON the dash cam is working fantastic.
- When I turn the car off the dash keeps working BUT if I unplug it and plug it bck in it wont turn on unless I start the car again.
- I used Fuse 42 for battery ( constant power ) On the link I posted above you can see the diagram of my fuse box )
- When the car is on, I use a Contact tester, U put the tip of the tester on the tip of the power plug and inside and the tester light turns on. When I turn the car off, I repeat the same test but the light will only come on when I pust the tester inside the connector and not on the tip anymore.

Could anyone pls check my car fuse diagram on the link above and test me where I should be be plugging the cables? or if the behavior I am seeing is correct?

THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

I guess no one was willing to help.
Anyways I fixed the issue, I had forgotten to enable parking mode in the camera. After that was enabled the issue was resolved.

Back