Mini Dash Cam 0826 assistance required.

OO58RON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini Dash Cam 0826
I bought one of these and then returned it for a replacement as it failed to work for me. I am not very tech savvy and so now that the replacement has arrived and it doesn't work either, I was wondering is it me? or the camera?

Basically when I attempt to upload the images from a journey I get informed that either there are no new images or that there is a problem with them. I have never in the month or so of having the device been able to view all images.

I wondered if my 64 gb supplementary sd card was at fault and so I have just completed (what I believe to be) a full reset, removed the 2nd sd card and still no images due to problems. Then when I disconnect the camera from my laptop it is "frozen" and I have to wait (I presume) for the internal battery to completely discharge before anything will work on it.

Have I bought a duff camera, is it just me or what does anybody think?

Looks like the mini series is off to yet another great start. /s
Maybe the 6th model will get it right? (3rd times the charm times two)

Which size make model memory card are you using now that the 2nd 64GB was removed? Check it with h2testw.exe

This is what my card is
SanDisk Extreme 64 GB Micro SDHX UHS-I Class 10 U3 Memory Card up to 60 MB/s Read FFP.

SanDisk is generally not recommended for use with dashcam products due to the proprietary controller they use, and they can potentially flip into read only mode.
Transcend, Lexar, PNY is good

Sorry but all of the above means nothing to me, I merely copied and pasted of off my Amazon account. does this assist any?

I will purchase a different sd card, based on what you have said. I had got concerns over the one that I was using as it says in the camera instruction manual that a Class 10 card could cause issues and that a Class 6 was better.

However even without this card in the camera, trying to view the footage is still problematical.

How are you viewing the files???
If you are using usb cable to the camera, you may have to swich it to storage mode.

Take the card out and use a card reader in computer.
It should have files.

Yes, I am connecting the camera to my laptop via the USB cable supplied with the camera. Is this not the correct way?

As it has a built in 8gb storage as well as the external connecting via the USB cable seemed to me the obvious way

Would this be a better card to buy?
Transcend 32GB Standard SDHC Class 6 Memory Card

As it has a built in 8gb storage as well as the external connecting via the USB cable seemed to me the obvious way
If it has 8GB internal, just use that without any card.
It should record something.
It has screen to tell you it's recording or not.

Yes it has an in built 8GB card, but that sounds very small to me. Surly constant rewriting would rapidly render the card useless? That's why I went for the additional 64GB. I did just use the built in one today and it does seem to have uploaded all 74 "files" in took at least a couple of hours to do so. Is that normal? Going to see if I can view any of those files right now.

It'll be slow to read/download files from camera.
Nothing can be done for internal storage but for external, card reader is the way to go for.

I am using DATAKAM PLAYER. So far I am still unable to view footage. It appears that I have 1:17:31 off footage from an 8hrs recording. It took over 2 hrs to upload, then ages to "initialise" and now I'm waiting for it to stop "buffering" in order to be able to press the play icon. There must be an easier way than this?

If the footage is already in the computer, it shouldn't buffer.

Basically SanDisk cards are made a little differently, and this causes a lot of dashcams to behave strangely.
Transcend and Samsung are good cards. I use Transcend in my cameras and never have any issues.

You should pick up a card reader like this
That way files will copy over to your PC quickly and won't lag in Registrator Viewer.

Try another computer. What happens if you upload one to YouTube?
I have zero idea how to load up to YouTube. I'm beginning to wonder if both my laptop is uploading the footage into the video folder/file and Datakam is doing the same. The footage viewed on Datakam was very jerky and slow. Whilst individual clips selected from the video folder was fine. I really do not understand any of this. The speed recorded on the footage was jumping up and down =/- 30mph whilst the display on the datakam display was accurate and steady. Oh how I wish things could be as simple as people claim them to be.

Back