Mini size Novatek 96650 AR0330 6G dash cam that looks like Mini 0805???

Jimbo Lee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm looking for mini cam for my rear looking cam to record nutty drivers with habit of tailgating. I tried Mini 0805 but not satisfied, I returned.

I'm kind of wonder about this Novatek 96650 AR0330 6G Lens H.264 Full HD 1080P Mini Size Car Dash Camera DVR sold by eBay seller in China that looks exactly like Mini 0805 Ambarella A7LA50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131298839079
https://www.ebay.com/itm/131537250469
TB2cKfPapXXXXajXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!134922319.jpg

This model has been out for some time.
From hardware + firmware point of view a combination of Processor NT96650 + CMOS sensor AR0330 is more user friendly than overall 08xx Ambarella series.

biggest challenge might be what sort of support is available for it, no camera ever comes out perfect, how sorted is the firmware and will it be improved

Best if OP could find local reseller of that dashcam in case of any issues.

Actually I have two G1WH that's why I like the Novatek dash cam. G1WH is to simple to use. This Mini 080x look alike, I assumed, may be similar to G1WH as user friendly, too. The dash cam kind of cheap they're like disposable, you brick it you fix it at your own risk (I thought I bricked one G1WH but was able to restore back to use again) or buy another replacement, technical support is irrelevant or non existent. G1WH are so popular you can watch DIYs instructorless on YouTube how to fix focus, flush firmware, replace litium battery, etc.

biggest challenge might be what sort of support is available for it, no camera ever comes out perfect, how sorted is the firmware and will it be improved

So this mini 080x look alike has been out for a bit. Thanks, I'll try then. :)

This model has been out for some time.
From hardware + firmware point of view a combination of Processor NT96650 + CMOS sensor AR0330 is more user friendly than overall 08xx Ambarella series.

No GPS and even in the mini 0805 I had GPS in unnecessary or irrelevant. :-(

Did someone try this camera already? It looks as very good solution as rear dash cam option...

Back