Mini suction cup mount

This new suction mount is very well made and works great on my Garmin 55. It creates an excellent vacuum and I wouldn't be surprised if it stays mounted should you have an unfortunate crash. My guess is the magnetic mount wouldn't hold your camera in place in the event of a crash. And, the less things flying around like little missiles in the cab of your truck during a crash, the better. This mount also makes it convenient to move my cam to different positions on the windshield or remove it when the weather gets too hot/cold to function correctly.

And, if you're concerned about security you can quickly remove the cam with this mount. In my case I place it in my console which has a built in steel "console vault", which I also highly recommend for peace of mind. Here's a link to the vault: http://www.consolevault.com/console-vault.html

How easy is it to remove the supplied magnetic mount and insert the suction cup mount ?
/update :
Not to worry.... found out it's pretty easy :)

Last edited:
I usually use dental floss to slowly "saw" through the tape. In the summer, it's usually enough to leave your car facing sun and the mount will come off easier.

I usually use dental floss to slowly "saw" through the tape. In the summer, it's usually enough to leave your car facing sun and the mount will come off easier.
Thanks.. Actually meant removing it from the camera :)

I thought you were trying to remove the disc attached to the window :)

Back