mini0801 as a house cctv?

Reyalp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
E-Prance 0801 8Gb int. GPS + 0805 8bg int. GPS
I know i've seen a thread on this in the past (might have been Nigel but i'm not sure, sorry Nigel if it wasn't) but has anyone used these cams for cctv around the house?

I know i've seen a thread on this in the past but im dammed if i can find it again.

Any pointers anyone?

I used mine for about a week to catch my naught cat inappropriately pooping. It seemed to handle being left on 24x7 on my Garmin charger without any issues. When placed right, it was even able to pick up the movement of a cat and begin recording. I did not try to hook it up to a monitor or anything like that though.

Honestly if you are looking for a house CCTV system you would be better off getting something geared towards home surveillance . Just like I would not put a CCTV camera in my car I would not put a DashCam in my house if I was looking for something long term.

If you want to get away cheap check out the D-Link DCS 932L you can get one off AmazonUK for £54.00
They are wireless once set up and offer Android and iOS remote viewing. They work with BlueIris PC software. They are not to bad for the price. Mine lasted for about a year outside and just recently started acting up this winter because they are not made to be outside, but I kept them outside when it was below freezing.

They also make HD and outdoor models, but they are a bit more costly. As long as it does not get to cold in your area you can leave the 932L outside as long as it is covered from rain like with a porch overhang.

If it's recording all the time then your memory card will loop after a few hours. Maybe not enough time to catch a thief, etc. At home I use a dedicated security PVR/DVR with harddrive and wired cameras. Get one with 8 cameras (or channels) so you can add more cameras later on. I got one with 4 and wish I got 8 now. They are under $100 bare no HD or cameras. Cheap as chips. Work well, good motion detection, etc. Internet accessible. Here's an ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...N=1&_nkw=security+dvr+8&_pgn=7&_skc=150&rt=nc

Back