Mini0801 by Jado

zepel1n

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi everyone,

This is my first time here .
I've bought a Mini0801 camera which is branded as Jado D169 (http://www.china-jado.com/plus/list.php?tid=80) it has GPS and G sensors, firmware version 20131211

My question is what type of firmware can I apply to this , is the firmware unique for all models/brands ?
For instant my original firmware 20131211, records the movies with TS and I would like an upgrade to have them recorded as MOV.

Also where can I download new firmware for this camera, I was not able to find any on that chinese website.

Firmware should work on every resellers Mini0801, firmware can be found in the FAQ or in my signature

Thank you Tobias.
May I ask, is there a way to identify if mine has Internal Memory ? ( I see there are few type of firmware out there) .
I've removed the SD card from mine and it says camera failed (no sd card) I assume it has no Internal Memory, right ?
Also where can you find out more info about the firmware, for instant fixes, new features, etc ?

Thank you.
I'm reading the topics for a while but didn't find out what is different on those firmwares http://dc.p-mc.eu/?page=mini0801.firmware
compared with my stock one , how can I find out ?
I'm not sure how stable those are (compared with my stock one) and if I should upgrade or not ?
Also is the 20140115 version an official firmware released or a custom one ?

Last edited:
Thank you.
What are you guys using to charge inside (the house for instant) the camera ?
I have a USB-miniUSB cable but it doesn't seem to charge it at all ... from either computer or plug wall

yes , the camera is discharged , I want to do the upgrade in the house (indoor, in my home, in my apartment) not in the car behind the mirror, what do you use to charge the camera ?

Last edited:
Connect it to your computer for ten minutes using he supplied cable, if that's no good just do it next time you get in the car, only takes a minute

But my supplied cable is the car lighter cable, to you got any other cable in the package?

Also do you know by any chance how do I need to rename that firmware for my camera (GPS and only External Memory card, no Internal memory ) ?

Well I have an ordinary USB to mini-USB cable but the camera is not charged at all.

Does anyone know how do I need to rename that firmware for my camera (GPS and only External Memory card, no Internal memory ) ?

Someone here has already updated a Jado so they'd probably be the best ones to ask about the file name for your model

I've managed to upgrade successfully the firmware to 20140115 (GPS and external memory) by renaming the file "firmware-NO1-SPIF-TB15.bin"

Back