Rayman.Chan

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
dear fanatics on DashCamTalk:
Thank you very much for your patience on 0803 camera updating.
Thank you very much for the guys who report bugs, which help us to improve 0803 better.

now, we are releasing the update public firmware for 0803, version number 20140812.

update logger:
1, add VIDEO ROTATION (UP-SIDE-DOWN)
2, add KEY BEEP (on, off)
3, add GPS SPEED STAMP (for the guys who want a speed mark on video)
4, revise the MIC MUTE function
5, set the MOTION DETECTION to be HIGH
6, codes optimization

download links:
1, without internal storage, without GPS;
2, without internal storage, with GPS;
3, with internal storage, without GPS;
4, with internal storage, with GPS;
<if you want to transmit the firmwares to your cloud storage, don't forget to mention: "please report the bugs you found to rayman@megcn.com", this will help us a lot. Thanks>

If you like this firmware, please let we know here;
If you have comments or suggestions, please mail to rayman@megcn.com;
If you found any bugs, please update to rayman@megcn.com.
(sorry I don't have too much time on DashCamTalk, I have the MEGtech mission to develop new products for all the fanatics.)

Whoa!

Last edited:
Thank youfor the new firmware, i will try it today

Thank you for this information, but as I only received my mini 0803 today I was wondering if some kind person could direct me to the instructions on how to update the firmware.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Just what I needed, and other useful information as well.

What about the startup bug ? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the MIC MUTE BUG which does not work after restart is still there.

I don't see the Speed Stamp in the menu and in the video files? Does it need to be connected to GPS mount for this to show up in the video file?

Cannot turn on or off the Beep sounds for the keys. No menu option for that. Some of us liked this feature.

I am using a 2 CARD Version with GPS Mount.

Can you look into this please?

Some additional proposals:

- add also the GPS location stamp (not only speed)
- change the underline character to space character in the Drivers Plate stamp.

As always thank you for a good work.

Cheers.

lol...
I can confirm that there is no option to toggle key tone mute
Mic mute bug is present in this version as well..

But the funny thing is that the mic mute bug is fixed in 20140804 :D

With this version the mic is working fine you can switch it on ans off several times and still working.
No GPS speed stamp, I have an E-Prance Mini 0803 witn no internal memory

mute the mic > reboot the camera > record a video > check it on your computer > the sound is recorded (it is very low - but it's still being recorded)

I have set my stereo so load at it can, and there is no sound recording to hear.
rebooted and set a few times sound on of
I think on mine it is working,

I think that there a view mini's with different hardware revisions :(

Works on my eprance no internal GPS 0803 but there's no option for the speed stamp or key beep volume. They're off by default now.

Well for me the volume rate is the same.. It's not lower as other guys report.

Is the problem with volume some people are experiencing because the microphone isn't quite aligned with the hole?

Updated right now NoInternal+GPS, still no GPS Speed overlay on video recorded :confused:
...and can't find any parameter to activate it.

Well for me the volume rate is the same.. It's not lower as other guys report.
I felt that it was lower but I did not compare it. Maybe it was as load as always..

Did some testing below on the new firmware, my comments are below, I have the 2 card non GPS version.

1, add VIDEO ROTATION (UP-SIDE-DOWN) - Not tested but the option is in the menu.
2, add KEY BEEP (on, off) - No option in the menu so cant possibly work. The startup and shutdown tones still can not be turned off either.
3, add GPS SPEED STAMP (for the guys who want a speed mark on video) - I have the non GPS version so not able to test.
4, revise the MIC MUTE function - Still does not work and the non muted volume is as loud as ever.....how hard can this be?
5, set the MOTION DETECTION to be HIGH - I don't use this feature so not tested.
6, codes optimization - Will have to take their word for this but when comparing old and new video clips i see no difference.

I am going to reload the old modified firmware my camera was on before this as I see no improvements for me.

You'd have thought that they'd have checked all of the functions listed were actually there wouldn't you?!:confused:
To add to the above list (Item 3) there is still no function to turn On GPS speed stamp... it's simply not there.

The delay in providing any FW fixes & then releasing a 'new' FW version which doesn't provide the items listed is poor service to say the least!!:(

Last edited:
Back