Country
China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
download here:
http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/0806firmware-150116.zip

update log:
1, power indicator will be light when external power input;
2, Rotate Image 180degree problem will occur on HDR 1080P mode. working on this with Ambarella engineers.
3, hold OK button to take photo, this can only be done on 1080P or 720P mode now. working on this with Ambarella engineers.
4, added "0806" before firmware version, for easier firmware identification when users need an upgrade.
5, add "AV-OUT" setting between "PARKING GUARD" and "GREEN INDICATOR", as a switch of AV-OUT. (AV-OUT will consume power, so it is recommended to switch it off if you don't need to output AV signal.) (Please reboot the camera to make AV-OUT take effect.)

enjoy

If you find any bug, please sibmit on mini0806.com or post here.
Thanks!

OK, just received my 0806 with GPS yesterday from Spytech and I already have a few issues.

1. I have configured to display speed in MPH and the video indicates MPH but the numbers are in KPH. That is, when travelling at 55mph the data and the speed stamp in the video indicate 89mph. So, it's indicating mph but outputting the numerical value as kph.

2. I did a drive of 3.5 hours today but did not have any GPS data. There is no GPS or speed indications in the video stamps and there are no gps log files for today. I did get GPS data yesterday after about 4 minutes 17 seconds.

3. The QtPlayer program is very buggy and has crashed numerous times. I'm also seeing some vertical red banding in the right side of the window in the area where the map and GPS/Speed/accel sensor data is displayed. There is also no way to scroll through the files beyond the 12 files listed at the bottom. That is, I can see files AMBA0001 through AMBA0012 but I can not see are scroll to file AMBA0013 or higher.

Thanks,

Brian

OK, downloaded Registratorviewer and here's what I see...

The speed display in the video stamp is still showing 89mph when it should be showing 55mph -- not surprised as this is whats in the video.

However, in the bottom where is shows the speedometer the indication there is 30mph when it should be 55mph -- again, the in video speed indication shows 89mph.

30mph isn't the actual speed divided by 1.609 so I'm not sure how it's coming up with a value of 30.

Brian

the GPS only gives speed information in knots, the camera does the calculation to output metric or imperial speed, this issue has been mentioned recently with the 0805 but can't say I've seen mention of it on the 0806

are you using the most recent firmware version? http://www.mini0806.com/firmware/0806firmware-150116.zip

there is also a newer version of Registrator Viewer coming which may be related also, some of the people that were having speed display issues with the 0805 mentioned this

Yes, first thing I did after unboxing was to update the firmware to the 16Jan2015 version. Reported that update was successful though the display on the 0806 is so small I can't make out the little characters even with glasses.

I wonder if someone has a listing of what all the fields in the gps log file is. I can pretty much guess that field 1 is the uSD card being used (A or B), the second field is date, the third is time, 4th is latitude, the 5th is N or S, the 6th is longitude, 7th is E or W. The remaining fields I can't figure out just now but the 8th may be elevation. Which raises another thing ... the 0806 doesn't appear to be reporting elevation and it would be nice if it did.

Brian

Yes, first thing I did after unboxing was to update the firmware to the 16Jan2015 version. Reported that update was successful though the display on the 0806 is so small I can't make out the little characters even with glasses.

I wonder if someone has a listing of what all the fields in the gps log file is. I can pretty much guess that field 1 is the uSD card being used (A or B), the second field is date, the third is time, 4th is latitude, the 5th is N or S, the 6th is longitude, 7th is E or W. The remaining fields I can't figure out just now but the 8th may be elevation. Which raises another thing ... the 0806 doesn't appear to be reporting elevation and it would be nice if it did.

Brian
I've just had a look at my video from my 0806 with the 16th January update.

In Registrator Viewer the speed (with RV set to MPH) appears correct - well it shows me doing a constant 41 in a 40 zone where I know I was at the speed limit so maybe it is 1mph out!

The log file has speed in knots and I can't be bothered to find the right bit and do the conversion to check!

The altitude data in the log file is working, not always very accurate but it is there. Altitude does not display in RV.

Fields in the log file:

1. V = searching for satellites, A = Acquired satellites - data valid.
2. Date DDMMYY.
3. Time HHMMSS.SSS.
4. Latitude.
5. N|S - North or South.
6. Longitude.
7. E|W - East or West.
8. Speed in knots.
9. Altitude in meters.
10. Acceleration.
11. Acceleration.
12. Acceleration (I haven't worked out which axis is which.)

Just wondering - I've never tried it with the speed display stamped on the video, maybe turning that on causes it to do a conversion to mph or kph and RV then sees the converted data when it should see the original value in knots?

I should add that I also have a Blackvue DR600 and RV properly displays speed and the speed is displayed in mph and the numerical values are correct -- they are not units of knots. Also, RV displays elevation from my Blackvue files. BTW, I downloaded the latest version 6.0.

When I look at the gps log files for the 0806 I do not see speed data, but I do see elevation data in metres. I missed that in my previous view. I see data like "1288.9M" which I now understand as 1288.9 metres or about 4135 feet which is correct for where I live.

So, the only data that appears missing in the log files is speed as all records for that field are "000.0".

And, just to repeat, although the first trip with the 0806 output gps data with speed (in error) and lat/lon, the second trip, the next day, had no gps data either in the video stamps and there were no gps log files.

I will try again today to see if I still have gps issues.

Brian

I should add that I also have a Blackvue DR600 and RV properly displays speed and the speed is displayed in mph and the numerical values are correct -- they are not units of knots. Also, RV displays elevation from my Blackvue files. BTW, I downloaded the latest version 6.0.

features and functionality varies between brands, RV will work differently depending on the files

And, just to repeat, although the first trip with the 0806 output gps data with speed (in error) and lat/lon, the second trip, the next day, had no gps data either in the video stamps and there were no gps log files.
Check that the GPS STAMP in the menu is set to either ON or LOG ONLY - you don't get speed or logs if it is OFF and if you have just updated your firmware the setting may have gone back to default (a silly default in this version).

Could you let us know if most the issues you listed above were with a previous firmware please...

Last edited:
Check that the GPS STAMP in the menu is set to either ON or LOG ONLY - you don't get speed or logs if it is OFF and if you have just updated your firmware the setting may have gone back to default (a silly default in this version).

Could you let us know if most the issues you listed above were with a previous firmware please...

Yes, I have the GPS STAMP set to ON. I'm not sure what the original firmware version was and never tried it as I updated to 16Jan2015 as soon as I opened the box.

Which begs the question ... can I change the firmware to an older version?

Brian

Last edited:
OK, I think I've discovered something here...

I just did another short run and when I started the car I waited until the bottom LED (GPS) went on solid. I then drove to the ATM to pick up some cash and on the way back I set the cruise control at 50mph. When I got home I uploaded the data to my PC. I looked in the data for the place I knew I was going 50mph and the speed value was about 43,5 and I then multiplied by 1.1508 to convert from knots to mph and the result is 50.1mph -- just as it should be. However, when viewing this same area in RV it shows the speed in the video speed stamp as 80mph while the speed indication at the bottom graph and speedometer within RV as 27mph. So, the value in the video speed stamp, though it says mph is actually kpm (50 x 1.61 = 80). The display of 27mph in the speedometer and graph with RV appears to be equal to 43.5/1.61 or actual speed in knots divided by the kph/mph conversion.

When I view this trip with the QtPlayer the video speed stamp not surprisingly says 80mph but the speed indication in the lower right speedometer indicates 46mph or 83kph.

One more thing that is an issue...

As I said, I waited until the bottom LED was on solid before driving and when I played back the trip the lat/lon values for the first couple miles were way off -- off by a couple miles. Then, about 2 miles into the trip the lat/lon coordinates became accurate. This error was obvious in the on screen map from within RV and QtPlayer and I doubled checked by entering some of the erroneous coordinates into Google maps and that confirmed the error. I seem to recall a Youtube video (Techmoan) that showed gps errors with the 0803.

So, in summary,

1. The 0806 does appear to be recording the speed and elevation into the gps log but RV does not display it. (0806 recording data correctly)

2. The speed value in the log is correct but in knots.

3. The video speed stamp is displaying the correct speed but in kpm even though the 0806 is setup to display mph and the video speed stamp indicates mph. (problem with 0806)

4. The speed displayed in the graph and speedometer within RV is configured as mph but is actually showing the speed as knots divided by 1.61. (problem with RV)

5. The speed displayed in the speedometer within QtPlayer appears to be in error (high) by a small amount . (problem with QtPlayer)

6. RV is not displaying elevation data even though the log file contains elevation data. (Problem with RV)

Brian

OK, I think I've discovered something here...

I just did another short run and when I started the car I waited until the bottom LED (GPS) went on solid. I then drove to the ATM to pick up some cash and on the way back I set the cruise control at 50mph. When I got home I uploaded the data to my PC. I looked in the data for the place I knew I was going 50mph and the speed value was about 43,5 and I then multiplied by 1.1508 to convert from knots to mph and the result is 50.1mph -- just as it should be. However, when viewing this same area in RV it shows the speed in the video speed stamp as 80mph while the speed indication at the bottom graph and speedometer within RV as 27mph. So, the value in the video speed stamp, though it says mph is actually kpm (50 x 1.61 = 80). The display of 27mph in the speedometer and graph with RV appears to be equal to 43.5/1.61 or actual speed in knots divided by the kph/mph conversion.

When I view this trip with the QtPlayer the video speed stamp not surprisingly says 80mph but the speed indication in the lower right speedometer indicates 46mph or 83kph.

One more thing that is an issue...

As I said, I waited until the bottom LED was on solid before driving and when I played back the trip the lat/lon values for the first couple miles were way off -- off by a couple miles. Then, about 2 miles into the trip the lat/lon coordinates became accurate. This error was obvious in the on screen map from within RV and QtPlayer and I doubled checked by entering some of the erroneous coordinates into Google maps and that confirmed the error. I seem to recall a Youtube video (Techmoan) that showed gps errors with the 0803.

So, in summary,

1. The 0806 does appear to be recording the speed and elevation into the gps log but RV does not display it. (0806 recording data correctly)

3. The video speed stamp is displaying the correct speed but in kpm even though the 0806 is setup to display mph and the video speed stamp indicates mph. (problem with 0806)

4. The speed displayed in the graph and speedometer within RV is configured as mph but is actually showing the speed as knots divided by 1.61. (problem with RV)

5. The speed displayed in the speedometer within QtPlayer appears to be in error (high) by a small amount . (problem with QtPlayer)

6. RV is not displaying elevation data even though the log file contains elevation data. (Problem with RV)

Brian
Thanks for giving good detail :)

As I said, it is mostly working for me but I'm using different options and a different RV.

Comments on your points - mainly because I don't want Rayman changing the log from knots to kph or something similar!:

I have never seen RV display the altitude, I don't know if the altitude is in the video stream, maybe it's just in the log files which RV is not using?

GPS speed is normally stored in knots so this is correct, you convert it to what you want when you display it.

I haven't tested this on mine but I think the problem has been reported in a previous version.

Mine is working, maybe you could try a different version of RV. I think here are a few reports of this problem in the 0805 section and there is a beta version of RV with a fix.

I always avoid QT after issues years ago so can't comment.

Covered this in 1. - I'm not sure the elevation data is in the video stream but if it is then maybe Rayman needs to send the format to the RV team for a future fix...

As I said, I waited until the bottom LED was on solid before driving and when I played back the trip the lat/lon values for the first couple miles were way off -- off by a couple miles. Then, about 2 miles into the trip the lat/lon coordinates became accurate.
If it is used regularly then it will know where the satellites should be and so which to listen to so should have an accurate fix within a few seconds. If it has out of date data or has lost its data for some reason then it has to find the satellites again and that can take many minutes. It could be that one of the satellites had adjusted it's position since the camera got it's last satellite position data.

Back