Mini0807 samples with parking guard function using OBD are ok now

Hi Justinsane, Yes, if user want to use parking guard function, OBD must used to supply power when the car is off, can't use car charger or hardwire kit to supply power at this moment.

damn, was hoping that wasn't the case.
the reason why that's a little frustrating is that if I drop off my car at the dealer for service, they will definitely unplug it.
Caught some **** on my dashcam in parking mode last month while it was at dealer for warranty work and I'm glad I made the investment.

damn, was hoping that wasn't the case.
the reason why that's a little frustrating is that if I drop off my car at the dealer for service, they will definitely unplug it.
Caught some **** on my dashcam in parking mode last month while it was at dealer for warranty work and I'm glad I made the investment.
It is understandable the dealer will want to unplug your dashcam when they are servicing your car.
Imagine you are at work and your client install a camera in your office to monitor you, how do you feel about it?

It is understandable the dealer will want to unplug your dashcam when they are servicing your car.
Imagine you are at work and your client install a camera in your office to monitor you, how do you feel about it?

it's not that they'll unplug it so you don't monitor them, they'll unplug it because they need to use the port, good chance they wouldn't plug it back in afterwards either

bigger issue is if you have a computer related problem and they blame your 3rd party device that is plugged into the port and reject a warranty claim, for me that's a bigger concern

I have a question for @Joy : what useful of the ODB cable ? Does it just supply the power for dashcam when engineer is off ? or it can read the velocity of car and sent this information to dashcam ? In this case, what is GPS chipset in mount for ?

I have a question for @Joy : what useful of the ODB cable ? Does it just supply the power for dashcam when engineer is off ? or it can read the velocity of car and sent this information to dashcam ? In this case, what is GPS chipset in mount for ?
It is just for power supply

if they use the odb cable to take information about velocity, they can remove the GPS chipset. The cost will be lower. Why don't they ? :)
0807 is the most exspensive in mini series right now :)

if they use the odb cable to take information about velocity, they can remove the GPS chipset. The cost will be lower. Why don't they ? :)
0807 is the most exspensive in mini series right now :)

OBDII is a connection standard but it's not a protocol standard, there are lots of variations between different manufacturers, what works for one might not always be the same for others, GPS is also about location data, not just speed

OBDII is a connection standard but it's not a protocol standard, there are lots of variations between different manufacturers, what works for one might not always be the same for others, GPS is also about location data, not just speed
They have to balance about the cost and benefit. Almost users who I know only need speed infor, not location data. And if 0807 doesn't have GPS chip, as I remmeber it can cheaper about: 15 $.
And I think: If skyhigh can do that, it will be big advantage to their opponent

they're not going to be able to develop one for free so even adding that function doesn't automatically mean there will be a price advantage over the GPS version
we can change point of view: if they can have a better price, they can sell more product, then they can have more money :D

it's not that they'll unplug it so you don't monitor them, they'll unplug it because they need to use the port, good chance they wouldn't plug it back in afterwards either

Bingo. I recently had my Mazda serviced and they unplugged the USB power cable and didn't replug it back, but I was aware of that and I just plugged the cable back myself when I picked my car.

Bingo. I recently had my Mazda serviced and they unplugged the USB power cable and didn't replug it back, but I was aware of that and I just plugged the cable back myself when I picked my car.

I generally take the camera out when the car is being serviced anyway

Neither of my cams were unplugged by the dealer when my car was serviced. It was surprising to see how many times the car was moved around their facility while they had it.

Hi
Somebody already got some sample 0907? Somebody has already capture some video?

Nearly one year , our Mini0807 are available for samples now ,welcome to contact us for samples!

Main advanced features for this model is parking guard function ,using OBD cable , plug and use , it is very easy and convenient. And there are 4 modes for monitor the car .
-normal This mode ,it is like using car charge . When car starts ,will automatically starts and when car stops,will automatically stops. Will not record when car parking.
-low frame mode This mode , with time Time Lapse. Wil record one second one frame video ,when car was hit ,will record a normal frame and resolution video and video will be locked .
-Pre-record mode When car is parking ,no record anything , but when car was hit ,will record a video .The The video includes something happend before and after hit .
-Off Same like normal now ,will be different in future .

Other feartures,
1. 1.5" compact design with soft black colour
2. Ambarella A7LA50 chipset
3.Sony IMX322 sensor
4.Use super capacitor
5.Dual card slot ,up to 128GB and support loop recording between dual card
6. With GPS track (Optional)
7.Support CPL(optional)

I will update some pictures and video later ,any question ,please let me know !Thanks!
Would also be interested in a sample to review in full... Contact me via PM I understand this may not be free...

After having the mini 0801 0803 and blackvue dr550gw. I have now setup the K1S system but still use the 0801 and 0803 cameras as they were reliable. Even if one of the screens now has a white line due to heat.

Last edited:
Future customer here. Don't know of any other way to contact manufacturer of the Mini Dash Cams. I don't even know of the name of the company who makes them, but I'm concerned that every description of the mini 080_ cameras state that their operating temperature is between 0-40 degrees Celsius (32-104 degrees Fahrenheit) Which would mean they shouldn't be used in any vehicle anywhere. Could somebody please update the specifications for these cameras to the correct information? Joy? Bella?.... Anyone? Thanks.

chipset and other components would be rated from -10°c to at least +60°c (probably +70°c) but the battery will be rated to around +45°c working temp, they will of course work at higher temps but the battery can become less stable when used at higher temps, that's not unique to these cameras, all the cameras with batteries in them are similar in that respect

Back