Mini0807 samples with parking guard function using OBD are ok now

The end of the OBD connector is a two pole connector that's inserted into the base. This can't be more than 12V and GND.
Agreed...and as yet I have not tested the parking guard function with a hardwire kit myself...at this stage I am just going off the advice the factory gave me when I asked them this same question the other day on behalf of another customer.

Hi, I purchased a Mini 0807 from eBay. It's quite nice, but

I have also purchased a 0807 however, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of video, it's not as good as the 0803 I have.

0807 bit-rate in the specs Min 7.5Mbps Max 12.5 Mbps I have seen it as low as 3.5Mbps
0803 bit-rate is between 15 - 20 Mbps

In my humble opinion if the bit-rate was lifted as high as the 0803 I feel the 0807 would be better.

I have also purchased a 0807 however, I'm a little disappointed in the quality of video, it's not as good as the 0803 I have.

0807 bit-rate in the specs Min 7.5Mbps Max 12.5 Mbps I have seen it as low as 3.5Mbps

In my humble opinion if the bit-rate was lifted as high as the 0803 I feel the 0807 would be better.
Yes, the existing chipset and sensor should handle more VBR.

Hi, I purchased a Mini 0807 from eBay. It's quite nice, but I'd like to wire it with the parking guard without using the OBD-2 port. The OBD connection on my car is at the knee, so I don't want it being knocked around when I get into or out of the car.

Can I remove the OBD connector and splice it directly to a 12V supply with an inline fuse?

Hi Lapse, parking guard will have two options of connection: OBD II cable or hardwire kit.
OBD II cable is ready.
hardwire kit is under developing, will be ready soon.

Hi Silkynitro, we are making new firmware to solve the bit-rate problem, it's under testing. thank you very much for your opinion.

Hi all, I received mine today but I seem to be getting stuck in the initial setup. I have connected to my pc through the USB connection and it is switching on to a blue screen. On the blue screen it says (USB connecting....) and it stops there, no matter what buttons I press its getting stuck to that screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love the looks of it and the size is just right, I hope I am doing something wrong and it's not faulty.
Thanking you in advance.

Thanks jokiin, fantastic I have just tried it out as you said and it switched on, great and thanks again, I am going to love this mini0807 :)

Hi all, I received mine today but I seem to be getting stuck in the initial setup. I have connected to my pc through the USB connection and it is switching on to a blue screen. On the blue screen it says (USB connecting....) and it stops there, no matter what buttons I press its getting stuck to that screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I love the looks of it and the size is just right, I hope I am doing something wrong and it's not faulty.
Thanking you in advance.

Hi Alex, if you use USB cable connect Mini0807 (usb port in dashcam) with computer, you can't press any buttons at this moment, blue screen and says (USB connecting) is ok, not faulty, you can check videos or pictures in the computer if there is a memory card in you dashcam.
if you use USB cable connect Mini0807 (use port in mount) with computer, USB cable can be used as a car charger at this moment, dashcam can get power from the computer, you can press buttons to setup it.

Thanks Bella, yes it's working fine. I hope that the focusing is also OK, I will try it over the weekend and see how it goes, Thanks again for the info......;):)

Thanking you in advance.
When connected to PC, that's what it does.
It'll show as disk drives in your file explorer.

Thanks Sunny, hope I will find time to attach it over this weekend as I am busy with some private functions, its nice that everybody on this forum give a helping hand.

Now where is that OBD-2 in my right hand side Juke F15 :confused:o_O:D

@Joy @BELLA WONG

After staying 45 minutes in the sun, focus problem ( in parking mode ) Mini 0807

This is Lens or CPU ( Chipset ) Problem ? Sorry my english :)

My firmware : http://down.cosou.com/skyhigh-global.com/807 SONY 3 firmware.zip

5VNpRD.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, unfortunately takes the Mini 0807 in Parking mode (pre-record) - always on, as if they did not is in parking mode.
(Latest firmware). The LED, however, say Parkin mode.
(sry for english - used Translator)

Is it nomal when it's cool again ?
No - camera can resistance hight temperature expecialy: 50, 60 oC in long time. No dashcam can do. :)
Heat shifts focus as the lens base is plastic.
It doesn't have to be very hot.
I parked car under a tree, partial shade for around 50 minutes while having lunch and video was slightly blurry compared to before.
It was around 85 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

I parked car under a tree, partial shade for around 50 minutes while having lunch and video was slightly blurry compared to before.

Maybe it would be better to be painted white camera :D

But thermal expansion coefficient of metal is 10 times than thermal expansion coefficient of plastic. That's mean when we heat a piece of metal, it will expand 10 times than a piece of plastic. So, how can you explain that ?

But thermal expansion coefficient of metal is 10 times than thermal expansion coefficient of plastic. That's mean when we heat a piece of metal, it will expand 10 times than a piece of plastic. So, how can you explain that ?
Not sure how it works.
Maybe because the base and barrel all expand together in the same way.
Search DCT to see discussions about metal base/barrel to prevent heat focus shift.

Back