China
Dash Cam
mini0806, mini0806S, mini0903/0905, mini0906, mini0808
Hi dear users and enthusiast of mini series cameras,
the well known mini0906 dash camera was updated to mini0906-PRO,

here are some improvements applied on new
mini0906-PRO:
1, the appearance keeps same
2, front camera image sensor updated from IMX291 to IMX327; the night vision ability improved 10% in our test.
reference: IMX291 spec SNR1s 0.23 lx and IMX327 spec SNR1s 0.18 lx
3, rear camera image sensor updated from IMX323 to IMX291; the night vision alibity improved 50% in our test
reference: IMX323 spec SNR1s 0.60 lx and IMX291 spec SNR1s 0.23 lx
4, actualize 150M WiFi for mobile device connection. APK/APP RoadCam
5, added Gsensor triggered Parking Guard to work with easier cable connection.
6, power Saving technology applied, 12% less than mini0906
7, new Anti-stun extending cable to avoid mistake installation.
8, hardware stability improvements.

the new mini0906-PRO release to market on Dec.2019

906P.jpg

I assume all the existing wiring connection will continue to work with the upgraded model

Any chance of having a buffered parking mode or a low bitrate parking mode?

I assume all the existing wiring connection will continue to work with the upgraded model

no, the cables are updated to new connectors.
1, for the Anti-stun design
2, make sure not confound the un-compatible accessories

Any chance of having a buffered parking mode or a low bitrate parking mode?

1, the SDK not support buffered parking mode
2, personally I don't think the buffered parking mode (motion detection) works well to capture useful data
3, the time lapse parking mode have a very low bitrate under 2Mb/S to save space. (32GB for 3days parking)

It appears that the standard 0906 has disappeared from Amazon. It looks like my wife's car will be the guinea pig for the Pro model when we are able to purchase it. ;)

I bought mini 0903 and It was frustration. Even I change battery and capasitors according to solutions. But it resets still in a 1 day. Date and time. Hope this product can be sucessfull.

I assume #4 is wifi range in open air ? if it is from inside a car that's probably pretty good ( never bothered testing wifi range but i think it is something i will have to do with cameras i get to test on in the future )

Sad i managed to kill the 0906 test sample i was sent so fast as i did, it was a nice camera right up until it suddenly died.
New IMX 327 & 291 sensor combo sound good.

BlueSkySea has the Pro model for sale on Amazon, finally! $129.99, but there is a coupon for 5% off (at the moment at least). No reviews yet, but I will surely be ordering when I have the $$$.
Yes, 8-128GB capacity is supported according to the specs. My old 0906 has not given me any trouble at all since I've had it, hopefully this one will be just as reliable.

Available on eBay.co.uk

Is there any chance buying this dashcam in a cheaper config with no wifi, gps, remote and rear cam?

the new mini0906-PRO release to market on Dec.2019
Is this a common problem? Or is it just plain bad luck?

In addition

- The camera automatically switches off during operation. Switching off occurs both in the standard seat and when connected via the USB port on the case. Several different USB cables and chargers were used, so the possibility of broken contacts in the cable or charging is excluded. The firmware has been 906P-FW 20200113 V1. When the spontaneous shutdown started, I installed 906P-FW 20200110 V2. But that didn't solve the problem.

I'm disappointed:(

Back