mini0906 Dual Dash Cam fail to record

RNdude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new here. I bought my Veckle mini0906 almost 1 year ago and it was working perfectly. Then a couple of week ago, I noticed that my LCD screen no longer reflected my drive, it seemed frozen. It turns out that my camera has not been recording for a while. Here's what I know is happening:

1) I start my car, the camera comes on and I hear the little jingle that tells me it has turned on.
2) It begins to record, but only for 2 seconds. I Know this because I can see my hand moving across it as it begins to record.
3) My hand stops waving in the LCD screen, which tells me it has stopped recording.
4) I can turn off the camera by holding the power button for 5 secs, but when I turn it back on, the same thing happens again.

I'm not sure what I should do......Any help would be much appreciated!

With any dashcam, the first diagnostic is to check the SD card, first by formatting it in the cam, then if that isn't getting results, by running a full write-test of it with the "h2testw" freeware. That may take some hours based on card size and PC performance. SD cards do wear out in time, so if you have another one try it in the cam, again formatting it there first. The next suspect to check is the power supply and cabling. Try running the cam on a home phone charger, and if it works fine there you have a PS problem in the car. Sometimes a cam's settings go wonky for no apparent reason, so then try setting everything to "default", turning the cam off after saving them, then restarting the cam and reentering your preferred settings. The last thing to try is reloading the firmware, again setting to " default" afterward as before.

If none of this works, then chances are that you've got a hardware problem and should check with the seller to hopefully get a replacement cam.

Hope this helps, and welcome to DCT :)

Phil

Back