mini2 shutdown

Max400

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my mini 2 has started shutting down after 10 to 15 mins operating and wont restart until the power has been disconnected for about 20mins is this a overheating issue is anyone else having similar problem.

try change your sd memory card

Mine exhibited this behavior briefly before it totally died. Now will not power on at all.

Hi, Yooshaw since your mini2 is dead I wonder if I could ask a cheeky favour?
There is a guy on YouTube who has drilled holes in the end of his mini2 to aid cooling
I can see that there are 8 small holes in the centre but I'd like to remove the end and safely drill larger holes, don't fancy risking doing it in situ.
Just wondered if you'd mind undoing the 4 screws at the other end and seeing how easy it is to take the unit apart and put back together.
Regards.

I've actually fully disassembled my Mini2. No need to undue the SD card slot side. The speaker side is press fitted. Just need to wedge something in there and carefully pry apart.

I actually had done this month's prior to the failure to aid in cooling, even fitted a 5v fan to the end. Still died.

It's definitely a known issue on DCT at least... My mini 2 shuts down about 45 minutes after it starts recording and reboots then continues recording, but in hotter weather, it will stay shut down a little longer. Not sure if ddpai acknowledge the issue or not...

It's definitely a known issue on DCT at least... My mini 2 shuts down about 45 minutes after it starts recording and reboots then continues recording, but in hotter weather, it will stay shut down a little longer. Not sure if ddpai acknowledge the issue or not...
Thanks for your help, I have had the cam for 10 weeks so I cant get a refund I have to settle for a replacement hope I don't have this problem with the new one

Yes.
I've received all moneys back. I don't want to purchase another one with hoping good work, actually.

Back